My '07 clio 197

Yes, Full Fat is non cup! To add to the confusion though, you can get full fat cars with the cup chassis, as I have. Red calipers = cup chassis, though many full fat cars have had calipers painted red now. Confused? If my experience of Irish roads is anything to go by though the cup chassis would be a bit too firm over there.

Im confused Johnny.

So what exactly is a FF spec ? (And i ask because i'm not really sure exactly what mine is !!).

To be truthful i don't have the foggiest..... :smile:

Im confused Johnny.

So what exactly is a FF spec ? (And i ask because i'm not really sure exactly what mine is !!).

To be truthful i don't have the foggiest....., :smile:
@sevenfourate, "Full Fat" is the slang name for the Clio RS with all the toys like climate control, electric mirrors etc. Renault then did a Clio cup which was more basic. Aircon was an option, the plastics were cheaper, steering wheel not as nice. Had key starting.Also lowered, stuffed suspension & quicker steering rack. All done in the name of weight saving though I doubt you'd really notice. It was £1k cheaper than the full fat car too.Then they decided to offer the lower, stiffer cup chassis with the quicker steering as an option on the full fat car as a kind of best of both worlds for those using the car for more than just track work at as option for, I think £1500. I haven't looked, but I think it's all explained in the buyers guide thread.

@sevenfourate, "Full Fat" is the slang name for the Clio RS with all the toys like climate control, electric mirrors etc. Renault then did a Clio cup which was more basic. Aircon was an option, the plastics were cheaper, steering wheel not as nice. Had key starting.Also lowered, stuffed suspension & quicker steering rack. All done in the name of weight saving though I doubt you'd really notice. It was £1k cheaper than the full fat car too.Then they decided to offer the lower, stiffer cup chassis with the quicker steering as an option on the full fat car as a kind of best of both worlds for those using the car for more than just track work at as option for, I think £1500. I haven't looked, but I think it's all explained in the buyers guide thread.

Cheers buddy. I knew 90% of that. But am still not 100% sure exactly what you need to have to be considered FF.

Is FF an official Renault term......or is this just owners spiel ?

Its really only that part i'm unsure of. In terms of how that relates to me:

So mine is 100% a non-Cup but has: Aircon / Climate control, Leccy mirrors, heated screens front and rear, cruise control, traction control, adjustable steering angle / reach, speed limiter, push button start, rain sensitive wipers, auto lights etc etc

So is this a "FF" ?

*****Hope this is still relevant Jordanfaf

Reactions: Jordanfaf
Cheers buddy. I knew 90% of that. But am still not 100% sure exactly what you need to have to be considered FF.

Is FF an official Renault term......or is this just owners spiel ?

Its really only that part i'm unsure of. In terms of how that relates to me:

So mine is 100% a non-Cup but has: Aircon / Climate control, Leccy mirrors, heated screens front and rear, cruise control, traction control, adjustable steering angle / reach, speed limiter, push button start, rain sensitive wipers, auto lights etc etc

So is this a "FF" ?

*****Hope this is still relevant Jordanfaf

I'm not 100% sure what you need to have to be classed as 'full fat" but I'm fairly certain that climate control wasn't available on the cup, only air con as an option. The "rubbing strips" (?) on the side of the car are black as opposed to body colour on cups too. The "Full Fat" term is not official. The car is a Clio 197/200 & the Cup car is the Clio 197/200 Cup.

Reactions: sevenfourate