MS 200 fun road and track car - and other car stuff!

that is some update..what a great write up with pictures..very jel of your bmw and the lovely looking clio suspension kit...enjoy and dont forget to feedback

that is some update..what a great write up with pictures..very jel of your bmw and the lovely looking clio suspension kit...enjoy and dont forget to feedback

Cheers!

Will do, not got notification that he suspension has been shipped yet, was hoping to have it for the weekend. Can't wait!!

I've decided this is the ideal car for popping my Nurburgring cherry with a trip or three. Hopefully with the suspension and setup, along with the stuff I've done already it will be well suited!

Reactions: Pav
Almost a backwards step in this update for the Clio, but for the greater good...

The suspension kit is on back order and we have just found something of a dream house for us over in Lincolnshire. We had planned to move next spring but would like to at least try to get this through, so perhaps prudent for me to cancel the suspension for the time being. Every little helps at a time like this!! :tearsofjoy:

Almost a backwards step in this update for the Clio, but for the greater good...

The suspension kit is on back order and we have just found something of a dream house for us over in Lincolnshire. We had planned to move next spring but would like to at least try to get this through, so perhaps prudent for me to cancel the suspension for the time being. Every little helps at a time like this!! :tearsofjoy:

Cars are important.

Houses are importanter.

Good luck with your dream buddy !

Reactions: Pav
Well, all is progressing wonderfully well with the house, we worked our asses off getting our house perfect for sale, got it on the market aggressively and accepted an offer all in 10 days!

We have now agreed a great deal on the house we fell in love with, so it's really happening! Super exciting! :grin:

Anyway, the reason for the update, I had cancelled the order for the suspension but to cut a long story short it arrived today! :tearsofjoy:

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4748.JPG

Have discovered that the steel insert that sits between the track rod end and hub on one side is missing, so taking the opportunity to do that at the same time as the suspension and front camber mounts.

Not sure when it will happen just yet, but won't be long as the TRE is fixed temporarily with a makeshift bush, so I'm not using the car unless I need to.

Well, all is progressing wonderfully well with the house, we worked our asses off getting our house perfect for sale, got it on the market aggressively and accepted an offer all in 10 days!

We have now agreed a great deal on the house we fell in love with, so it's really happening! Super exciting! :grin:

Anyway, the reason for the update, I had cancelled the order for the suspension but to cut a long story short it arrived today! :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 113398

View attachment 113399

View attachment 113400

Have discovered that the steel insert that sits between the track rod end and hub on one side is missing, so taking the opportunity to do that at the same time as the suspension and front camber mounts.

Not sure when it will happen just yet, but won't be long as the TRE is fixed temporarily with a makeshift bush, so I'm not using the car unless I need to.

Huge congrats on the house. Better news than any car update. As such !

How come you cancelled the suspension and it still arrived ? I'm normally from the other school - where you order and pay and it doesn't arrive :smile:

Sounds like coupled with the missing insert - the shock / spring / camber mount fitting is going to make a World of difference.

Good luck. With everything :sunglasses:

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
Thanks gents,

@sevenfourate , yes the house is most definitely the biggest news, the culmination of our combined studies and working lives! The realisation of a humble dream! :grinning:
Can you tell I'm keen to make the most of it and enjoy it! :tearsofjoy:

The suspension I cancelled then sold a few valuable parts, made more from our current house and got a better deal on the new house than expected.

Then I found the missing insert and the same day got an email back from a German company with whom I had enquiried previously about the suspension, saying they were in stock and at a better price than I had ordered at before. Happy set of coincidences as it will be good to get it all sorted at the same time! :thumb:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Found the compbrake top mounts today having put them 'somewhere safe', and checked the compatibility with the Konis.

I think they look ok, the bits are where I expected them to be, although a small negative is that the shock adjusters won't fit with the Compbrake top nuts.

I should be able to adjust with some needle nose pliers and I'm sure it won't be tricky to make a new tool.

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

IMG_4971.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

In other news my hunt for a solution to the missing steering arm bush conundrum led me to the Cup Racer and R3 parts bin thread.

Turns out there are some replacements parts that correct bump steer in the lowered racecars that are available to buy seperately.

I understand there's a need to drill out the hole in the hub a little but it seems his may be a viable solution. It should be a neat little improvement with the slightly lowered suspension too.

happy days they fit...also look very clean :thumb:
when is it you are having them fitted??

Need to phone up a couple of places this week for a quote. There's a temptation to do it myself too, trying to work out whether time or money is at the bigger premium at the moment! :sob:

Just working out if there's anything else (without spending much more) that's worth doing at the same time.

if you have the right tools it shouldnt be a big problem with an extra pair of hands..good luck

The Clio is booked in at Birchdown on the 19th so not long until it will be back to full health and hopefully better than ever!

I had a stroke of luck in that Andy at Birchdown has hoarded a couple of the inserts I need, negating the need for a more complicated or expensive solution. :grimacing:

Whilst it's all apart and at Birchdown I'm going to get some 10mm stub axle spacers for them to fit, I would quite like to space the front a little as well but will wait until I can spare the funds for a stud conversion for that.

I've been looking into alignment angles too, I would like to remove some toe in a my the rear and understand lowering will further increase this. If I can work out how much the 20mm drop will add and any other variables I'll get some shims ordered too.

In hairdressing news here's the latest vid of the MX2000, this time covering the trackday at Blyton. I'm slowly learning with the videos so any pointers or feedback appreciated! :blush: