197: Moving on from the 197

Well after owning my 2007 Clio 197 for just over a year the time has come to part ways. It's a fantastic car when your in the mood but my commute has increased and it's just bleeding money on fuel. Plus with the age it's at now I just worry about how reliable it's going to be going forward.

Went looking round a few cars today at different dealerships and have ended up going for a 12 month old Corsa E SRi VX-Line 1.4T in Lava Red with pretty much all optional extras. Having owned a Corsa D VXR a few years ago I wasn't expecting much but I was actually really impressed with the little 1.4T engine and it's paired to same 6 speed box as the VXR bar slightly different ratios. The interior on the E is also completely different and looks a lot more modern/up market for a small car. Should hopefully be picking her up next Sunday!

Cheers, I'll pop on from time to time mainly to see if anyone ends up with my old car. Not sure where it'll end up as it's just being traded in to a main VX dealer in Bolton so quite likely end up at auction or something. Someone is going to get an alright deal though as it's had the belts, pump and pulley done about a year ago and it's also had both ball joints done.

Sad you leaving.. but thats the life sometimes you just move on.

All the best mate
Enjoy the new car and good luck
P.s If you had a good exampler you can post the plate number in case someone will look for a nice exampler :smile:

Good luck with the new car, Matt! Shame to see the 197 have to go, however priorities do change! Hope it goes to a good home!