Motorbike Just Crashed Into Us - Its Back!!!!! :)

I havent seen the car at all. Not had chance with moving home. Will give it a good going over when its delivered. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

man glad you're ok and to be honest the cars gonna get fixed and you wont be able to tell the difference, if the rear quarter is not damaged then I would not even care, feel my pain, an idiot playing handbrake in the winter drove in front of me and suddenly something went wrong for him and he stopped in the middle of the street, I try to avoid hitting him and ended up scratching my whole drivers side on his front and the other side slid just to close to a tree... the result, a full paintjob on a 2 yrs old 197, that did hurt, you got so little damage I would still consider it brand new really

This is really the worst new car repair experience i have ever had the dis-pleasure of experiencing now. Was looking forward to getting the car back, but im just not looking forward to it at all now.

Contacted this morning by the Claim people through Renault and they said that the car has now got the correct bearing and that ................. its now got to go in for paint. What???? I was told it had been through refit and was just waiting for the bearing to be fixed.

So estimations are now for completion 1 week today.

What a total joke. 6 weeks to repair some minor damage. If i took 6 weeks to fix a support issue with a user at work, id have the sack.

I feel for you dude. Service from body shops etc can be rank!

My old 1.2 went in for a new drivers quarter, new bumper and new driver headlight (stupid bitch pulling out onto me!) The repair lasted a long agonising 14 weeks! Not to say i went through three courtesy cars in that time... :smile:

I feel for you dude. Service from body shops etc can be rank!

My old 1.2 went in for a new drivers quarter, new bumper and new driver headlight (stupid bitch pulling out onto me!) The repair lasted a long agonising 14 weeks! Not to say i went through three courtesy cars in that time... :smile:

You can understand repairs taking a long time with major panel damage. But it just needed a few bits and some paint. Could have been done in a week if all the parts were off the shelf. :worried:

6 weeks!!!!!!!!!

We only had the car on the road for 7 weeks before the Harley hit us.

The car was supposedly ready yestesrday. They wanted me to go and collect in person to apologise for the time it took. The owner of the bodyshop showed me around the car.

There was a dimple in the prep work on the bumper that you could spot from 10ft away. There was a paint run on the n/s arch part of the bumper. The paint was also very thin on the underside of the arch lips.

Rejected the work and waiting for them to respray it again.

On the upside, they have sprayed the bumper off the car only, which is even more frustrating, as this could have been done weeks previously making the car ready earlier. The paint match appears perfect. Lets hope the 2nd attempt is better.

Didn't ask. Was just annoyed to not be driving the car out of there. Shouldnt take any more than a couple of days hopefully. So long as nothing breaks when the bumper is taken off.

I'd be going ape, layering paint like that makes it far mor prone to chip mate.

I'd be thinking about asking them to strip it first

sorry to hear that mate.

The warranty will be and "inside - out" jobbie. As in, if the paint has failed due to something under it, it will be sorted.

If its damage due to outside interference, stone chips etc, it wont be covered.

Make sure you tell them to strip it.

Similar Thread Suggestions