MotoGP 2016

He is the youngest to win 5 championships now isn't he?

He must be as he's still only 23. So 23 years old 5 world titles, wether you like him or not he WILL beat Rossi's record. I'll stick my neck out and say Rossi will never win another title!

I 100% agree with you there I don't think Rossi will win another Title and Rossi won 5 championships when he was 24 and Marquez is 23 as you say

Reactions: LOCKE
To be honest I don't have a favourite rider as such - I did enjoy watching Stoner and the fact he kept himself to himself and stayed out the politics. I have such respect for all these riders but Rossi's 'kick' at Marquez last season tainted my respect for VR. I was so happy to see Suzuki 3rd and 4th, the sport needs more competitive teams.

Yes KTM is coming to GP next year isnt it?

Nice second place for Dovi today aswell, bet he was happy with that!

Such a shame for Lorenzo i am a fan of him to be honest, do feel sorry for him.

Factory KTM team with Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro next year. There will be more Ducatis on the grid than any other manufacturer in 2017 which puzzles me as its not the easiest bike to ride plus no 'wings' for next season which tamed the Ducati.

I never understood how the wings worked and what they did if you could explain further Locke.

I am looking forward to watching Lorenzo on the ducati bike next year and will be interesting to see how KTM go on along with Vinales on the Suzuki bike.

Basically they would stabilise the bike at speed, especially high speed corners. As the bike goes faster it becomes lighter and such is the way these bikes accelerate they constantly want to lift at the front. As you enter a high speed corner accelerating the front end has less grip so the wings would force the air down to give front end grip. If you watch slow motion shots of Stoner pre wing era he would slide the rear round so giving him a better chance of accelerating out the bends. The Ducati's were horrendous for front end grip and would 'fold' at the hint of a bend, even VR could not ride around the flaw. Because of this Ducati were the first to sport the winglets but other riders thought they were a safety issue as they stuck out like blades.

Shame they ar taking them away then!

I think the visor on the front of the bike is more of an issue as if that splits its sharp plastic.

But then again I'm not racing and it's the riders decision as they are out there at fast speeds and there opinion matters hugely

P.S thanks for that bit of info

Your awful quiet Syer. :wink:

Yea. My idol was quickly building sand-castles in the kitty litter; and a man who's not my most favourite won. And the race wasnt much of a spectacle to be honest. What more can i say !

Looks like its a 5.45am start tomorrow for another round of fun-filled action we hope......

My favourite track of the year - and my "my man" is starting from 15th. Not much chance of even a podium, but we might get to see some overtaking action from number 46.

More than anything i hope its a whole lot dryer over there than it has been.........

Life in the old dog yet! Well done Cal and another podium for Suzuki.

Old dog who's heading for 2nd in the Championship two years in a row........

My prediction was kind of correct ! (Luckily i wrongly predicted no podium for Valentino).

Havn't seen Cals interview and don't want to. He makes my skin itch and my blood boil. The most boring, uninterested, depressing and negative persona i've ever come across. Just incase its contageous: i'll keep my distance thanks :smile:

Last edited:
Wont say too much incase peeps didn't get up to see it live like me. But:

Really good race in the most part (Malaysia)......

In the awful conditions it didn't look like anyone was going to go down for quite some part of the race - which would have been amazing. Then the skittles started falling !

As a Valentino fan....its easy to see why he did what he did at the end of the race.

A deserved winner though; who held his place when he needed to, kept his head when others faltered and squirted in some good laps at the end when needed. Well done !

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Motorsport 26
J90RDN Non-Clio For Sale 0
Adam_C Motorsport 71
W Motorsport 5
jostheboss Motorsport 20