Montanas Deep Black 197

So, attended CSF yesterday, very good day, some very fast clios on track. Given that I had my temp wheels with crappy budget tyres on the 197, I was impressed with the car , a few twitchy moments but I can only blame that on my driving skills (or lack of).

My mate in his FN2 came along and we had a great time on the track. Some very fast clios were present

Here's my only pic, cooling down after a couple of laps

ed8a427859eabd6f4ec4d4e7d6a2c6da.jpg

Camera on my phone was playing up so didn't get anymore than this , in car camera also failed on me so I had no footage.

managed to find some pics of you going round..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 29
Good times.

How did you compare on track against the Type R ?

The 197 and FN2 are pretty much neck and neck , although my 'Win' was him getting blue flagged to move out of my way :jump1:

I am no track fiend however i have moments of brilliance which quickly fade away (when you feel you get a corner 'just right'), i guess that comes with time and getting fully used to a venue through practice. Balancing act though when you have a road going daily Clio as its always in your mind you need to still get back home after the day :tongueout:roud:

managed to find some pics of you going round..
Cheers Beany :w00t:

great track..glad you had a good time..
Cheers @Pav, you will be giving your new suspension setup a good testing there in a few weeks, no doubt !

I have some footage of me chasing you for quite a while haha its a good watch i'll get it uploaded

The 197 and FN2 are pretty much neck and neck , although my 'Win' was him getting blue flagged to move out of my way :jump1:

I am no track fiend however i have moments of brilliance which quickly fade away (when you feel you get a corner 'just right'), i guess that comes with time and getting fully used to a venue through practice. Balancing act though when you have a road going daily Clio as its always in your mind you need to still get back home after the day :tongueout:roud:

I've only ever done bike track days....on my one and only road-legal pride and joy.....so know the feeling well.

Seen a few vids of 197/200 V's Type R's. Very close always if same sort of spec in terms of lap times.

So tonight saw me putting the speedlines back on ready for MOT on Saturday and the Nurburgring on 21st.

Took the opportunity to bleed the brakes too as the fluid is 12 months old (including blyton last week).

a465a50de9c774086fff13e76f7ab46e.jpg

First time using the eezibleed, made the whole thing easier than the traditional method. Each caliper was done in under 1 minute each.

Also recently treated the Clio to a oil and filter change / air filter clean and oil.

MOT and wheel alignment on Saturday then pretty much all set for the Nurburgring. May get a chance to give it a good clean , not too sure yet.

All washed , given a check over and ready for MOT tomorrow.
3f74e98e406fcc1c2fd16bf770e43ae4.jpg
Tried out autosmart Tardis on the drivers rear quarter, did the business but took 3 hits with the tardis, going to take some time to go round the car fully.

im glad you made the eezibleed work..i had it too a couple of years ago and it ended up a disaster...bloody brake fluid everywhere..good job and fingers crossed

Nice Pete!

tardis is good stuff, it does take a few goes though.. I usually spray it on, and as its drying off I will spray more on..

Not updated this since Blyton, not a lot has changed with the Clio, but recently returned from an epic ‘Ring trip, managed to get 4 laps in (slow and steady), we have 5 cars in our convoy which was brilliant fun. Clio was brilliant with no issues , covering 1300 miles over a long weekend.

IMAG2563_zpsa4yjrzfg.jpg

The weekend of the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] July was a very busy weekend with lots of traffic, meaning driving needed to be on point (to make sure you moved out of the way for the much faster stuff – which was pretty much everything else!). We were made aware of a car fire on the Friday and sadly the Saturday was when the 2 french lads died in their EG civic, very sad. An eventful weekend.

As everyone says, if you have never been – do it…but be careful!

Yesterday had a bit of a result. I don’t have access to an outside tap or electricity at my home address meaning car washing is always a pain, however recently come to an arrangement with the neighbour to use his hose pipe (always feel a bit cheeky doing this, but it served a purpose). Prior to this I would use watering cans / local hand wash (with my own buckets / mitts and pay to use the pressure washer) optimum no rinse – which I wasn’t overly happy with using ONR at first but eventually got used to it.

However I recently got a pressure washer for my birthday after reading they could be run from a water butt , so armed with a 25L water container, a Bosch pressure washer (with special adaptor pipe with filter that allows it to be used with water containers) and a AutoBrite snowfoam, I set about giving the clio its first proper wash at home

My setup
IMAG2757_zpstph15xhl.jpg

Snowfoam – too weak (will fix that next time).
IMAG2758_zps8dvfwagh.jpg

Really pleased with how the setup worked, the 25L container was plenty enough to snowfoam then rinse the body / wheels. Was a little tight with the amount I used but will be sure to double the measure next time to get some proper snowfoam action. Result!