Montanas Deep Black 197

good stuff Pete..like all these mods..can tell you spent a lot of time on your baby..i know how you feel about the tips situation..was in the same boat..try these..very good quality and the guy was more than helpful..i just told him my requirements and he delivered..
tail pipes

take care

Last edited:
good stuff Pete..like all these mods..can tell you spent a lot of time on your baby..i know how you feel about the tips situation..was in the same boat..try these..very good quality and the guy was more than helpful..i just told him my requirements and he delivered..
tail pipes

take care

Thanks [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION]

Given the nice weather recently i took the oppourtunity to refit the speedlines and give the calipers a clean up / check pins still moving freely.

BEFORE - On the laguna wheels
IMAG2008_zps7ysb0ls5.gif

The calipers were a little dirty, and had suffered a few stonechips through the winter months, however they cleaned up well
IMAG2010_zpscckjoyf2.gif

AFTER - Back on Speedlines, much better, however i immediately noticed a slight difference in ride due to the change from 225 back to 215s.
IMAG2013_zpsu5zrazvd.gif

I know the tyre shine is missing, however it was raining/sleeting whilst refitting these so i skipped that step. Pretty ironic given its the 'summer' setup.

Miles better! Not that the lagunas are bad just the clio speedlines are so much better!

Cheers chris, one thing i noticed was the amount of tar the clio has accumulated recently, so much so i could feel it through the washmit (!). Going to get it removed asap, seen that WD40 has been recommended a few times so will give that a try, thankfully deep black hides it well!

Join the club on the tar front, difference is liquid yellow doesn't hide anything lol.

I was intending to clay it yesterday but really couldn't be bothered in the end, God knows when I'm going to get chance now though, sort of regretting not doing it lol.

Join the club on the tar front, difference is liquid yellow doesn't hide anything lol.

I was intending to clay it yesterday but really couldn't be bothered in the end, God knows when I'm going to get chance now though, sort of regretting not doing it lol.
I can imagine it shows up pretty well on yours. will let you know how the WD goes , worthwhile trying to remove before you clay it too.

looks miles better better Pete..glad they are back on...what tires are you running??
a bit of a tire dressing will do miracles too :thumbup:

Yes , I am looking forward to blyton. My mate is bringing his FN2 Type R too so that will be interesting with all the Renault's

Took the trip over to 3 sisters on Saturday , got 30 laps in which was fun , the 197 is very evenly matched it seems with my mates FN2 Civic Type R.

e63018e857865e4141292c13ca11df96.jpg5003be4ef50fc5c6dcb08aa6347efb88.jpg

The tyre was pretty shot , this place is a NS tyre killer ! 6a79146983c08096de5ab27909aac366.jpg

^^^^^WOW !

And i thought bike track days used to kill tyres. You sure you aint been cruising a local roundabout all day :-p

Theres a few vids of 197/200's Vs CTR doing trackdays on youtube. Almost al show them to be a match for each other. Bet it was epic........

^^^^^WOW !

And i thought bike track days used to kill tyres. You sure you aint been cruising a local roundabout all day :-p

Theres a few vids of 197/200's Vs CTR doing trackdays on youtube. Almost al show them to be a match for each other. Bet it was epic........

I think its known for it, i noticed other cars were suffering the same fate, its predominantly a right hand turn track plus the warm conditions may not have helped.

2 minor things I noticed from my time on track;

1. Theres too much body roll when pushing on (on the road it feels firm and corners like on rails, on track it handles well but you can feel the roll much much more) - OEM suspension replaced in the last 5k.
2. The seats (non recaros) arent too supportive, linked to point 1 but i found myself permanetly up against the LHS lower bolster.

I guess this is the trouble with having a daily driver on track days, everything is a compromise - how far do you take the modifications etc...

spot on Pete regarding the body roll..hence me fitting colies..i kind of decided on getting them,based on the performance of my car at three sisters..didnt feel very happy on that track..