Mk5 R32 mitchell197

Discussion in 'Projects & Progress' started by mitchell197, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Hi guys! It's been a while! Not sure who's around still! For the record I still miss my 197, best handling car I've owned by far. The Audi was reliable and served its purpose but the time came to say goodbye because I got extremely bored, and after watching need for speed I decided that I needed loud exhaust noises in my life again! Enter Mk5 R32! I know, I know. It's a golf, and yes it's heavy at the front. And yes it's 4x4. But when you can do a 4wheel drive wheel spin, power slide and out growl most other cars, who cares! It's had a few modest mods, the big never leaves you! Listed as follows:

BBS forged 18's with pilot sport 4's
    dba grooved discs
    ferodo performance pads
    milltek cat back exhaust
    k&n panel filter
    bilstien b14 coilovers
    (possibly a remap, unsure as there is no proof)

= 280bhp (proved) and big smiles! Some of which can be seen on this video! My car blasting through the Brecon beacons! https://youtu.be/g1JFS1w4K4E

2. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    love your editing skills..cool video :thumbup:

3. CallorFold

CallorFold Platinum Member

Racing Blue 197
    I absolutely love those MK5 R32's. Doesn't even bother me that its heavy, and slower than the ED30 after a remap but who cares! The engine sounds absolutely fantastic with some aftermarket pipes, it's got plenty of power anyway and the interior is really quite a nice place to be!

4. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Sounds like my mates R35 Skyline in some ways.......

****in Gorgeous !!!!!

5. montana

montana

North West, UK
    Deep Black 197
    Love the sound they make, nice vid too.

6. Unfortunately not my editing skills! My friend recorded the whole 1hr trip on his Go pro and then spent a month editing it.

thanks for the general thumbs up!