misty/blurry patch on my car??

hi all,
was washing/waxing etc etc my car and when i finished it i looked at all the sides from different angles and noticed a misty/blurry patch at the bottom of the drivers door :001_huh:.
any ideas what it could be and how to get rid of it?
thanks drifter

hi all,
was washing/waxing etc etc my car and when i finished it i looked at all the sides from different angles and noticed a misty/blurry patch at the bottom of the drivers door :001_huh:.
any ideas what it could be and how to get rid of it?
thanks drifter

I'd hate to suggest it, but could it be flat paint from a poor touch up job? does it reflect light the same as the paint around it with as clear a reflection of an object?

I'd hate to suggest it, but could it be flat paint from a poor touch up job? does it reflect light the same as the paint around it with as clear a reflection of an object?

would have to agree with gaz - could be a poor repair job ;/

see i thought that but then its a really funny shape, and its not blurred in its just there and its almost got straight edges :s

btw edge of the door is dirty...

DSC_01382.jpg

Last edited:
i can only think the same as everyone else im afraid, it seems like there would have been a scratch/dint which has been repaired but they did not do the whole door just the affected area! i think the straight edges would be from where it was masked off.

im no expert though, you should be able to get it sorted

Is it rough to the touch - if so could be overspray?

i wouldnt say its rough, not a smooth as the normal areas but still smooth.
cheap a** p***k of a previous owner :thumbdown:
was so exited to get the car never noticed it ;/

its looks like either a p*** poor repair job and I do mean poor, or a laquer problem to me. But its really hard to know without seeing it mate, Its so difficult to tell from pics :worried:

i wouldnt say its rough, not a smooth as the normal areas but still smooth.
cheap a** p***k of a previous owner :thumbdown:
was so exited to get the car never noticed it ;/

On a plus side, i should imagine around £150 should put that right to a very high standard, right guys?!

not too fussed tbh as i know i got the car quite cheap compared to others ive seen forsale, the body shop said they'd machine polish it 1st to see if it does anything for £20 and if it dont work they wont charge.

I would be tempted to try some fairly aggressive clay over it before handing it over to a garage. (sorry if this has been suggested before - haven't read the whole thread.) It sounds like overspray or the like, easily removable with clay.

There aren't many garages that I would let near my car with a rotary polisher. Generally what you will find is that they attack the paint with the most aggressive polish that they have got and leave extensive marring and buffer trails on the areas they have been working on.

If clay doesn't work then I would contact a detailer in your area (check on detailing world) and get them to have a look at it and determine what your next move could be.

Sorry if this sounds disparaging against garages but I would think long and hard before leaving my car with a garage for any sort of polishing. Thankfully as I was a pro detailer until recently I don't have to!

I would be tempted to try some fairly aggressive clay over it before handing it over to a garage. (sorry if this has been suggested before - haven't read the whole thread.) It sounds like overspray or the like, easily removable with clay.

There aren't many garages that I would let near my car with a rotary polisher. Generally what you will find is that they attack the paint with the most aggressive polish that they have got and leave extensive marring and buffer trails on the areas they have been working on.

If clay doesn't work then I would contact a detailer in your area (check on detailing world) and get them to have a look at it and determine what your next move could be.

Sorry if this sounds disparaging against garages but I would think long and hard before leaving my car with a garage for any sort of polishing. Thankfully as I was a pro detailer until recently I don't have to!

thanks for that rickyboy will try it 1st, and will check the web you gave me :thumbup:

No problem man. Let us know how you get on with claying - it sounds like bad overspray to me which as I said is easily solved with clay.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy Clio General Chat 10