Milltek exhaust

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Got one fitted to my 197, and it rattles on the diffuser, occasionally on startup and then at certain rpm's when driving.

Anything that can be done before i take it to an exhaust place or milltek place, it was on the car already when i bought it so dont know where it was fitted?

Dont really want to cut the tips, but that would probably solve it, but just thought it seems to be a matter of the tailpipes moving about too much causing it and didnt know if anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

you could do it yourself? Mine used to do this when hot, so I took off the diffuser and adjusted it , now its fine but does get close to the diffuser, it may need another adjustment in a few months it seems to work its way up haha.

Could you be more specific about your methods of adjustment?

I havent taken off the diffuser before or had a look how the exhaust is fitted, although know what the system looks like so have a rough idea i suppose.

There is 2 joints hidden behind the diffuser on the miltek. The first is the at the end of the "middle section" then another for the driver side tail pipe about a foot further on from what I remember. Basically to adjust mine I took it back around half an inch on the first joint and pulled my driver side tail pipe down by just turning it on the joint. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah it does make sense

But will probably make alot more sense when i have a look

Do you know a quick guide to removing the diffuser, is clipped in and held with 4-6 nuts/ bolts/ screws?

Thanks

No problem, as you say it will make more sense when you can see for yourself, remember when adjusting the exhaust that when it is hot it will move slightly, mine rises and therefore adjusted slighlty more downward than what was required to clear when cold.