Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

Stunning mate, absolutely stunning. Love the Mk4, I really do. Good choice on the colour too.

Nice one to Kev for helping you out, seems like he's done you proud.

And yep, that looks like such a massive upgrade compared to the old 200. Super pleased for you Micah.

Here's to many happy miles ahead!

Road trip planned yet?

Thanks Mes, very pleased with the colour. Glad I didn't go for LY in the end as 3.30am this morning we had the same hoodlums come up the road making noise and hitting cars. Heart was in my mouth as they walked past mine, thankfully they just walked on by... this time. Makes me sick how people are utter arseholes.
Yes, Kev has been jolly decent and helped out in any way he can, top guy indeed.
'Road trip' down to the parents in Sandwich on Saturday, so can have a blast in the lanes after Canterbury :smiley:

Thanks Mes, very pleased with the colour. Glad I didn't go for LY in the end as 3.30am this morning we had the same hoodlums come up the road making noise and hitting cars. Heart was in my mouth as they walked past mine, thankfully they just walked on by... this time. Makes me sick how people are utter arseholes.
Yes, Kev has been jolly decent and helped out in any way he can, top guy indeed.
'Road trip' down to the parents in Sandwich on Saturday, so can have a blast in the lanes after Canterbury :smiley:

Jesus. Not good mate. About time we should be allowed to shoot them in the face!

LOL you know perfectly well my thoughts on the cup spoiler :wink:

You love it right?

:smiley:

img_6189-jpg.20194

Half right!

I ditched 1 meg and picked up another! A Black 275 Trophy on 19's with Akrapovic, Ohlins, Cup 2's and of course the Trophy Recaro's

Reactions: peter
Half right!

I ditched 1 meg and picked up another! A Black 275 Trophy on 19's with Akrapovic, Ohlins, Cup 2's and of course the Trophy Recaro's

Jesus! You sir, need a new thread! What a cracking spec!

A huge congrats Micah - welcome to the MK4 club.

Really looks forward to some progress and what you have planned for it.

Hope to see you and it and some meets in the near future :smile:

Reactions: Micah
Congrats Micah.
Lovely cars are the MK4's
How are you finding the flappy paddle?
It's the only thing that's puts me off the mk4.
Looks great can't wait to see more pictures.

Pez

Congrats Micah.

Pez

Hey Pez, thanks very much. You shouldn't be put off by the paddles, it's great approaching something like a roundabout under braking whilst popping down the gears at the right revs/speed with 2 hands on the wheel. Very much in control and have a great feel to them, and responsive also.
Weather permitting, I might do a full clean at the weekend, so will get some more pics up, seeing as I don't have any from the rear yet. Already collecting a beard of insects on the front bumper!

Excellent, so very happy for you Micah! I was as surprised as many when you said you were selling the 200, however as we also said, sometimes you just have to do what's right. And it's clearly the absolute right thing for you to have done! The Trophy looks cracking in White and I'm glad you're so pleased with everything about it!

I also like the story of the pick-up - the Soreen and Ribena had me chuckling :smile: only 'cos it's not a million miles away from my daily snack at work :smile:

As I've said many times before, I'm really impressed with the mk4 ( @Chris has made sure of that!), so it's no surprise that you're so happy with the new 'whip'. I do think yours, and others', experiences of it will start to tempt more people into an 'upgrade' down the line...

Happy motoring my friend :jimmy:

Reactions: Chris and Micah
Excellent, so very happy for you Micah! I was as surprised as many when you said you were selling the 200, however as we also said, sometimes you just have to do what's right. And it's clearly the absolute right thing for you to have done! The Trophy looks cracking in White and I'm glad you're so pleased with everything about it!

I also like the story of the pick-up - the Soreen and Ribena had me chuckling :smile: only 'cos it's not a million miles away from my daily snack at work :smile:

As I've said many times before, I'm really impressed with the mk4 ( @Chris has made sure of that!), so it's no surprise that you're so happy with the new 'whip'. I do think yours, and others', experiences of it will start to tempt more people into an 'upgrade' down the line...

Happy motoring my friend :jimmy:

Thanks Jimmy, I do like to throw in irrelevant detail, it's all about building up the story :smiley:
Agreed on the lemming philosophy, I will try not to bang on about it too much but I'm over the moon with the car, there's really nothing negative about it. It all depends where people are wit their ownership though, as you said, I clearly was ready for a change. The Mk3 is still a very special car to a lot of people, and will always be stunning to look at, and handle like a dream.
It's nice to know, however, that when it's time to move on, the Mk4 has now proven to be the 'go to' model, as endorsed by (fairly) respectable forum members :tongueout:

Reactions: Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy, I do like to throw in irrelevant detail, it's all about building up the story :smiley:
Agreed on the lemming philosophy, I will try not to bang on about it too much but I'm over the moon with the car, there's really nothing negative about it. It all depends where people are wit their ownership though, as you said, I clearly was ready for a change. The Mk3 is still a very special car to a lot of people, and will always be stunning to look at, and handle like a dream.
It's nice to know, however, that when it's time to move on, the Mk4 has now proven to be the 'go to' model, as endorsed by (fairly) respectable forum members :tongueout:

I was with you 100% until that last line :tonguewink:

But seriously....it is definitely nice to know that there is a very credible RS Clio alternative to the mk3, especially after the initial doubt when it first came out (motoring press guff to thank for that...).

It would have to be some very special metal to tempt me away from a mk4 when the R27 goes - really can't see that being for a very long while though:hearteyes: *

*come on paranoia/anxiety/worry, don't f*** this up for me :neutral: .

Reactions: Micah
Congrats Micah.

Pez

Paddle shift is SO much better than manual. For so many reasons. Definitely shouldn't let it put you off the right car.

In fact, the only thing a manual is better for is being able to add your chosen amount of slip in low rpm moments.

Reactions: RSPez
You love it right?

:smiley:

img_6189-jpg.20194
I really do love that spoiler. There's a guy in Inverness who was the 1st in the UK to fit one and it looks great. Black spoiler on ly car. Lifts the car away from the non RS version in my opinion. Not good for stealth though!

Reactions: ///M
I really do love that spoiler. There's a guy in Inverness who was the 1st in the UK to fit one and it looks great. Black spoiler on ly car. Lifts the car away from the non RS version in my opinion. Not good for stealth though!
But I haven't found anybody that's driven one at 100 mph plus though corners so not buying one

Reactions: ///M

I absolutely LOVE it John. I'd usually think something like this is a complete toilet but this just really works in my opinion. The whole effect of that Cup car with everything white and the full kit on it... blew me away in the flesh. My love for the Mk4 had been building but that tipped me right over the edge!