Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

A definite unknown Kev, unless I had it on a dyno before and after. Not convinced the noise from the filter is for everyone, but my god does the car sound like it means business with the silencer cut out, it’s very satisfying when you’re pushing it and worth every penny. Although it won’t have freed up any horses or torque, psychologically it’s great to have as it translates into what you’re actually doing with the pedals. As said before, it’s how it should have come out of the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Enjoy my friend I'll save my pennys for my new Meg or something else

I said I wouldn't do it as it's bloody freezing, but I still ended up spending a couple of hours cleaning the car on Saturday.
Also applied some subtle changes that may upset @LOCKE :blackdiamond:

Hz6zZsk.jpg
PE0WISy.jpg
JFb4GgN.jpg
tIZ2kXB.jpg
z89DOHs.jpg
Q2kfQz8.jpg

And here's a cheeky little video of the exhaust sound on idle with a little tap of the throttle. Please excuse the millions of birds in the background!

I’m firmly in Lockes camp on black badges. But these do look pretty good:excited:
Suits the car. If it was mine I’d of done the same. Sorry Colin!
Same here, on Mk4s the front diamond is too large & needs to be toned down.

Reactions: Micah
Black badges have somewhat 'transformed' the looks i agree....

With some exhaust tunes: coming along very nicely. Mk4 'V2' indeed :smile:

Late to the party but looks top drawer that Micah.

Sadly I do think the mk4s benefit from having black badges, it’s very stubtle, black door handles next ???

Reactions: Pav
Quick update pre-Spa!
Like for many others, the snow rendered the car unusable and just sat there doing nothing and getting very dirty, quite annoying considering the last pictures were taken 3 days before we got the snowfall. What a waste of effort!
bebfb761474673f0d7969cd675171870.jpg

The last few weeks have seen me looking into various mods, namely intercooler and associated pipework. A quick bit of messaging with @///M pointed me in the right direction to get the car performing a bit sharper, rather then spending out £800+ on mods that wouldn’t really do a great deal at this stage. A quick order placed with Kam Racing, and a good deal on Facebook saw me end up with my new brake overhaul - Ferodo DS2500, HEL brake lines and RBF600 fluid.
bde83ae0f1c95347c158448a1513eaa1.jpg

I got them fitted by my mate last weekend and all seems very good, I’m looking forward to getting some heat through them now!
498a2249d74d97fcfdf68ae7a58461ce.jpg

Sadly the novelty of getting these fitted was scuppered somewhat by me just not being 100% that day... I didn’t catch one of the wheels in time when my mate took it off, so it toppled over onto the road and chipped the paint in a few areas. When all the work was done, and despite having a reversing camera and rear sensors, I ploughed into a neighbour’s planter and put a small scratch on the bumper. The planter came off worse though! It was just one of those days where you don’t really feel like you’re in your body. I’m actually really calm about it, these things happen and it’s not very noticeable.
So today I had a break in the foul weather we’ve had so I took full advantage to get everything done prior to Spa; tyre pressures, new number plates, re-attach the front diamond as it didn’t adhere too well the first time around, hoover and secure the fire extinguisher to something remotely sturdy! I also had a nice little package delivered last week that sets off the footwell rather nicely and stops me wearing out the carpet, very impressed, even though it took weeks to come from Australia, I almost forgot about it.
91bafb9cf5721e05746a0dbd658674d0.jpg
3dab1e23f65a12fb8df3c2f5b2b89217.jpg
f870738f32006912ace94e3b47d40b45.jpg
9dcc2552e001aeff4af7ab36934c761f.jpg

Next stop, Belgium! Really looking forward to seeing how I/the car performs there. Can’t believe it’s almost here, been a looooong 100+ days!

Oo that footrest looks great! Real shame it didn't come from factory to be honest, especially on a Trophy...

It'll probably have to be on next months shopping list for me as I've decided the center silencer delete needs to come first, itching to get a little more noise from the exhaust.

How does the footrest attach? Sticky back? or does it have to be drilled/screwed?

Thanks mate, it really is a nice piece of workmanship and cost about £25 all in. I went for the Velcro option so it just takes 3 seconds to fit. Very sturdy too. Apparently the first batch wasn’t getting through their QA so I was happy to wait.
Exhaust mod is definitely the first you should be doing though. Hope you’re still enjoying ownership [emoji16]

Reactions: CallorFold
those things happen Micah..had it happened on mine too..got really annoyed but hell we are just human beings and they make mistakes...important thing is that the car looks great and it is ready for its big day :thumb:

Thanks mate, it really is a nice piece of workmanship and cost about £25 all in. I went for the Velcro option so it just takes 3 seconds to fit. Very sturdy too. Apparently the first batch wasn’t getting through their QA so I was happy to wait.
Exhaust mod is definitely the first you should be doing though. Hope you’re still enjoying ownership [emoji16]

Ah velcro sounds like a good shout. I'll have to get you to drop me a link when I'm ready to buy :smile:

Loving 220 ownership so far, it really is exceeding my expectations. Had a little panic moment with the alloys myself when parked up at work one day last week, got out and saw how close I was to the kerb and my heart sank. It couldn't have been more than a couple a mm away but luckily no damage was done. Extra caution required in future!

Exhaust mod will hopefully come somewhere between Friday 13th and Friday 20th. After seeing @M19TNR 's video the other day I'm hyped up!

Brilliant update, Micah, nice one bud. A huge pity about the wheel and the bumper (living up to your nickname, I see :wink: ), but joking aside, we do all have those days and so I'm glad you handled it well. Spa will be a great time for all, I imagine!

Reactions: Pav
those things happen Micah..had it happened on mine too..got really annoyed but hell we are just human beings and they make mistakes...important thing is that the car looks great and it is ready for its big day :thumb:

Thanks Pav - you're absolutely right, just one of those things. When I washed it the other day I hardly noticed it. Same with the scratch, just need to polish it out. Overall, the car looks 99.9% perfect :tongueout:

Ah velcro sounds like a good shout. I'll have to get you to drop me a link when I'm ready to buy :smile:

Loving 220 ownership so far, it really is exceeding my expectations. Had a little panic moment with the alloys myself when parked up at work one day last week, got out and saw how close I was to the kerb and my heart sank. It couldn't have been more than a couple a mm away but luckily no damage was done. Extra caution required in future!

Exhaust mod will hopefully come somewhere between Friday 13th and Friday 20th. After seeing @M19TNR 's video the other day I'm hyped up!

Methinks you were VERY lucky with the kerb mate! I almost properly smashed the wheel rim on a kerb a month or so ago when I pulled into a space on my road. Didn't realise it wasn't a fully dropped kerb and was millimetres away from the rim, lucky the tyre took most of it!

When you're ready, here's the link for the footrest.

Looking forward to your heightened state of joy when you get the silencer delete sorted, I still can't get enough of it, and I'm sure @M19TNR feels the same about his!

Brilliant update, Micah, nice one bud. A huge pity about the wheel and the bumper (living up to your nickname, I see :wink: ), but joking aside, we do all have those days and so I'm glad you handled it well. Spa will be a great time for all, I imagine!

Thanks Jimmy, had a feeling I wasn't ready to lose my Clumsy McButterfingers status just yet :tongueout:
Yes, can't believe Spa is tomorrow - no idea what to expect, but mainly looking forward to being with a load of people representing the forum and stamping their mark against the higher end machinery - I won't be anything special!

Reactions: Jimmy
@Micah @CallorFold

Couldn’t agree more about the Silencer Delete boys... sounds awesome! Just makes you want to press that start button more and more haha!

Gutted for you about the wheel mate... but like you say, one of those things, and no doubt you’ll sort it soon enough!

Brakes look great too, you’ll have to let us know how that setup is in Spa! Very jealous!

c8cda7554bd941b82ae11c6b272c5f6e.jpg

Amen on the close call front too :wink: hahaha

Reactions: Sean197