Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

Have you succumbed to pressure and ordered the silencer delete yet? I'm looking forward to seeing this again in a few weeks!!

Solid post that Micah. Quality over quantity...!
Interested to learn if the bung has been a success

glad this has been updated..nice to see the baby is getting some tlc...im sure you will love it once decated..
also your brake cooling trick sounds quite helpful...:thumb:

Have you succumbed to pressure and ordered the silencer delete yet? I'm looking forward to seeing this again in a few weeks!!

Yes, it's something I will definitely do for the sake of £70, just need a spare weekend to get this done! For those who haven't heard the result of the mod, here it is :sunglasses:

Solid post that Micah. Quality over quantity...!
Interested to learn if the bung has been a success

Cheers Ben, was quite excited to have some car related activity this weekend. I noticed the difference straight away with the noise pipe delete, should make things better once the exhaust mod has been done as there won't be anything pumped into the cabin to distract me from it, I wonder also if I might get some extra induction noise should I decide to change the airbox to something else :wink:
glad this has been updated..nice to see the baby is getting some tlc...im sure you will love it once decated..
also your brake cooling trick sounds quite helpful...:thumb:

Cheers Pav - was a bit overdue wasn't it? Looking forward to the Spring and having some decent weather to enjoy the car in. Was too wet yesterday to see the actual ducting/passage for the brakes so might have a gander later.
i might have a gander under the megane about them spoiler things.

Do it! From what I've seen on the Facebook groups, the same message comes up on your Monitor also.

Reactions: Benno
Yes @Micah comes up on the rs monitor but i had no idea what it was referring too!
do you know how easy it was for them to come off and will you be reinstalling them?

Yes @Micah comes up on the rs monitor but i had no idea what it was referring too!
do you know how easy it was for them to come off and will you be reinstalling them?

I believe they’re held on by 3 rivets which you drill through. Removing them increases fuel consumption but who has one of these cars for that purpose?!
They can easily be put back as long as you have a decent fixing solution.

I believe they’re held on by 3 rivets which you drill through. Removing them increases fuel consumption but who has one of these cars for that purpose?!
They can easily be put back as long as you have a decent fixing solution.

fuel consumption? what does this mean :think:

Reactions: Benno
Been a busy weekend so far and have quite possibly overdone it on butchering the Trophy but it's definitely been worth it...
I managed to find a local garage that can do custom exhaust work, so I followed up on my most recent threat and had the centre silencer removed, and replaced with a straight section of 2.5" stainless pipe for £72. This is easily by far the best bang for buck mod you can do to a Mk4 and it seems everyone is having it done at the moment.

6qyjQjO.jpg
The result is a sporty burble, pops on the downshift and when lifting off the gas. Zero drone, just sounds like how it should have done from the factory. I'm very, very satisfied!

Second mod... ITG induction kit. Yes, it's expensive, but I couldn't help wanting some induction noise. The result is Darth Vader drinking a carton of Ribena in the glovebox. It gives off a variety of noises depending what you are doing. It can sound a bit like Les Dawson on the piano (asks your parents, kids!) if you're driving in auto and you confuse the gearing depending if you boot it or have to lift off... suppose I'll have to drive it in manual a bit more. It gives a dump valve whoosh at times, so there's no need to change the standard recirc valve at all (a saving of £180... every cloud n' that!).
The only disappointment is the ITG sticker on the casing came off too easily, so I've removed the whole thing and am enjoying the stealth look.
What I do think is quite cool is the amount of plastic you remove to replace the battery tray, with the ITG one, frees up a lot of the engine bay and looks tidier.

TX5lqES.jpg
gYitpX4.jpg

The result is Darth Vader drinking a carton of Ribena in the glovebox. It gives off a variety of noises depending what you are doing. It can sound a bit like Les Dawson on the piano (asks your parents, kids!)

LOVE IT! You need to get into script writing.
Can't quite square up Darth Vader & Les Dawson's piano "skills", but no doubt all will become clear at Spa!

Glad you're happy with the exhaust mod too. Better than the result with the Scorpion on your Mk3! Will the car need mapping now or is drivability unaffected?

LOVE IT! You need to get into script writing.
Can't quite square up Darth Vader & Les Dawson's piano "skills", but mo doubt all will become clear at Spa!

Glad you're happy with the exhaust mod too. Better than the result with the Scorpion on your Mk3! Will the car need mapping now or is drivability unaffected?

Who'd have thought those two could come up in the same paragraph?!
Drivability unaffected, it's just great fun! The pop on the upshift has more bark too - perfect! Looking forward to showcasing it to you at Spa, and yes, we don't talk about my experience with the Scorpion :tongueout:

great..did the pipe cost you £72 or was it all in with the labour??
you cant go wrong with an induction kit on a turbo car..love my too..dont even turn my radio on anymore..just talking to my best friend Darth Vader :jedi:

Reactions: Micah
great..did the pipe cost you £72 or was it all in with the labour??

All in mate. Only took 30 minutes, though the cutting disc exploded when he cut through the system and shredded the sleeve on his hoodie and t-shirt! He was lucky it didn't pierce the skin as that would have been VERY nasty! I stepped out of the workshop after that.

Reactions: Beany
@-Micah so my friend apart from noise any more bhp or torque

A definite unknown Kev, unless I had it on a dyno before and after. Not convinced the noise from the filter is for everyone, but my god does the car sound like it means business with the silencer cut out, it’s very satisfying when you’re pushing it and worth every penny. Although it won’t have freed up any horses or torque, psychologically it’s great to have as it translates into what you’re actually doing with the pedals. As said before, it’s how it should have come out of the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’ll sound faster and the driving experience will be improved because of it. Couple of hours would be nice but not crucial I’m guessing