Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

I've had my eye on the Bedford meet for the last month but got a competition up my golf club that weekend (white middle aged man syndrome) don't get old people. Plus bought a new ride pictures to follow

Ok mate, fair enough. Get those bloody pics up though!

One thing I forgot to mention about the newer Renaults is the LED Pure Vision headlights. I haven’t done much driving in the dark since I got the Trophy, but last Friday night I got a bit lost in the lanes and realised how amazing the lights are. The pictures probably don’t do it justice, but thought I’d do a dipped and full beam comparison.
I did start freaking out thinking something would pop into my peripheral vision either side of the narrow road, so I had to floor it as soon as I took the last pic!

9995dc505405bdaf6b74664739fae462.jpg
00c875d8d925cb3de1c01442412fee5a.jpg

As you well know by now, I can’t praise this car enough!

that looks really bright..like it..must stay safe while on country roads in the dark,right??

One thing I forgot to mention about the newer Renaults is the LED Pure Vision headlights. I haven’t done much driving in the dark since I got the Trophy, but last Friday night I got a bit lost in the lanes and realised how amazing the lights are. The pictures probably don’t do it justice, but thought I’d do a dipped and full beam comparison.
I did start freaking out thinking something would pop into my peripheral vision either side of the narrow road, so I had to floor it as soon as I took the last pic!

View attachment 116072
View attachment 116073

As you well know by now, I can’t praise this car enough!

Jealous man!

The ONLY reason id upgrade to a newer clio.. I have a decent upgrade to standard in mine, but the LEDs are very very good. Pissed me off actually why they didn't do this to begin with...

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Very jealous of those headlights Micah, must be so good on lanes like that!

Now, someone's been staying up past their bedtime watching scary movies with the lights out haven't they :tongueout:

Reactions: Micah
Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past 'X' weeks, you'll know that a load of us went to Bedford!
As it was my first track day in my own car, and a relatively new car to me, I was pretty apprehensive about taking the Trophy on the track. After a few sighting laps I accidentally joined the queue to go out and drive the circuit at the limits of the car.
Bearing in mind I've done 2 experiences at Brands Hatch in an M3/M4 and single seaters, I really had no idea what the Clio could do and the fact is was wetter than an otter's pocket out there, I just had feel my way around. The first long left hander had me a 172 spin in front of me, I reacted fine and off I went. What I learnt from that point onwards is that it takes A LOT to unsettle the car. I did have a couple of moments where I took too much speed through a corner and ended up getting a bit sideways, but managed to correct it, not spin and stay on the track!
As @jamesgw200 will agree, and to quote @nutnutwelshman - the Trophy is a fantastic little car out of the box. Braking, handling and the pure sexiness of the pop on the upshift makes it a REALLY enjoyable car to drive. Bedford was a lot of fun in the wet and awesome when it was drying - overall, a really good day out.
In a nutshell, I love the car even more and can't wait for the next track day!

i bet you love your car even more..it's a great machine..i went out in Kev's and was well impressed..about the wet track..yeah spot on..wetter than most wet places...
i could tell that you were gaining your confidence and excitement as the day went by..glad you enjoyed it Micah..thanks for letting me use your big tool :thumb: appreciate it..made my job easier...

Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past 'X' weeks, you'll know that a load of us went to Bedford!
As it was my first track day in my own car, and a relatively new car to me, I was pretty apprehensive about taking the Trophy on the track. After a few sighting laps I accidentally joined the queue to go out and drive the circuit at the limits of the car.
Bearing in mind I've done 2 experiences at Brands Hatch in an M3/M4 and single seaters, I really had no idea what the Clio could do and the fact is was wetter than an otter's pocket out there, I just had feel my way around. The first long left hander had me a 172 spin in front of me, I reacted fine and off I went. What I learnt from that point onwards is that it takes A LOT to unsettle the car. I did have a couple of moments where I took too much speed through a corner and ended up getting a bit sideways, but managed to correct it, not spin and stay on the track!
As @jamesgw200 will agree, and to quote @nutnutwelshman - the Trophy is a fantastic little car out of the box. Braking, handling and the pure sexiness of the pop on the upshift makes it a REALLY enjoyable car to drive. Bedford was a lot of fun in the wet and awesome when it was drying - overall, a really good day out.
In a nutshell, I love the car even more and can't wait for the next track day!
Told you before you made you're decision to buy one they are superb straight out of the box.But for me iam just so happy your enjoying her so much Micah

Great write up @Micah and very happy for you that you could enjoy the car so much on the track! Sounds like you were giving it plenty too!

As I put on the other threads, very jealous of you all, and I hope to be able to come along to one in the future.

Great write up @Micah and very happy for you that you could enjoy the car so much on the track! Sounds like you were giving it plenty too!

As I put on the other threads, very jealous of you all, and I hope to be able to come along to one in the future.

Cheers Jimmy. You really should do it, you know how much I worry and I was absolutely fine. The Mk3 engines were performing exceptionally throughout the day. I went out with @WB83 in his (good to see a LY in the mix) and he was literally in 3rd for the whole lap, engine screaming away and it's totally bog standard. Made me miss mine a bit, but these are incredible cars in standard form, you'd have nothing to worry about :smile:

Reactions: WB83 and Pav
Cheers Jimmy. You really should do it, you know how much I worry and I was absolutely fine. The Mk3 engines were performing exceptionally throughout the day. I went out with @WB83 in his (good to see a LY in the mix) and he was literally in 3rd for the whole lap, engine screaming away and it's totally bog standard. Made me miss mine a bit, but these are incredible cars in standard form, you'd have nothing to worry about :smile:

Thanks for the reassurance my friend. Well if you were happy to give yours the big ones and came away stress-free then that's a good sign in my book :smile: I am a bit of a nancy when it comes to 'abusing' my car too much, but perhaps if I actually did it some time I might actually like it :smile::smile:

Reactions: Big Ben