Micah's Deep Black 200

That does sound a bit "money for old rope", but no point letting that dampen the mood :smile: really pleased for you that you got things sorted so quickly on the sale though, definitely a plus point when you're selling a car you love(d)!

That's it Jimmy, there's not really anything I can do about it, so just suck it up and get TF on with it!
Re the sale - there aren't too many serious buyers around at the moment, so it was going to be now or never. I've replayed watching it drive up the road many times over, I still feel fine about it. There were too many things niggling away at me to really enjoy it, plus the fact I didn't really get to enjoy it enough. Although I'm substantially out of pocket, I hope to counter that with peace of mind, and the bonus is that it is still going to be great fun to drive and be sensible enough to not have to wring its neck every time I get in it!

Going back to a previous post, @Big Ben @sevenfourate - I forgot to mention that the brakes actually bedded in really well after a hundred miles or so and completely lost the 'long' pedal I was experiencing. So goes to show there was very little else that needed doing when the brakes were done.

Reactions: Jimmy
Have you actually made the full jump and purchased Micah.....have i missed the crucial part ?

I missed that bit out, I think (I've slept since yesterday and this post has turned into a spoiler and wheel discussion :smiley: ) but yes, I placed a deposit yesterday and the car will be with Kev's life-partner on Monday afternoon!
I've booked a half day on Monday, so will pop over to Watford around 1pm and collect before attempting the M25 clockwise... oh the joys!

I missed that bit out, I think (I've slept since yesterday and this post has turned into a spoiler and wheel discussion :smiley: ) but yes, I placed a deposit yesterday and the car will be with Kev's life-partner on Monday afternoon!
I've booked a half day on Monday, so will pop over to Watford around 1pm and collect before attempting the M25 clockwise... oh the joys!

AWESOME.

Huge congrats Micah !!!

Looking forward to seeing. You sharing some details with us this fine Friday afternoon, or :smile:

Partly my fault that, off on a tangent lol as usual :relaxed:

Reactions: Micah
It's fine Chris, t
AWESOME.

Huge congrats Micah !!!

Looking forward to seeing. You sharing some details with us this fine Friday afternoon, or :smile:

Cheers matey, I'm just wondering if this is going to tip some people into Mk4 ownership - consider me the first lemming!
As it's Friday, I'll share - in terms of spec, it's pretty basic (the Trophy standard spec is anything but!) but the only upgrade it has is the Monitor. Just a 66 plate, 2,500 mile, Glacier White Trophy.
I have to admit though, I've always thought GW was stunning when clean, and with the black wheels it looks fantastic with the red calipers just giving that little bit of contrast. Granted, it doesn't set the world on fire with looks, but it catches your eye at certain angles. In some ways I wanted something inconspicuous, as summer brings out all the hooligans walking up our road in the early hours pulling off mirrors and yanking windscreen wipers. A LY car would just be red rag to a bull, so without any OTT styling, it looks like a boggo Dynamique :tongueout:
I would have liked the Akra but there aren't too many spec'd with it, and those that are were £2k more. Worst case scenario I do the mid box delete, but it's fruity enough. As you probably know, the seats are mega supportive and they held me VERY well in the sides.
I'm really looking forward to this next step and am equally excited to start sharing my progress in my new thread :smile:

It's fine Chris, t

Cheers matey, I'm just wondering if this is going to tip some people into Mk4 ownership - consider me the first lemming!
As it's Friday, I'll share - in terms of spec, it's pretty basic (the Trophy standard spec is anything but!) but the only upgrade it has is the Monitor. Just a 66 plate, 2,500 mile, Glacier White Trophy.
I have to admit though, I've always thought GW was stunning when clean, and with the black wheels it looks fantastic with the red calipers just giving that little bit of contrast. Granted, it doesn't set the world on fire with looks, but it catches your eye at certain angles. In some ways I wanted something inconspicuous, as summer brings out all the hooligans walking up our road in the early hours pulling off mirrors and yanking windscreen wipers. A LY car would just be red rag to a bull, so without any OTT styling, it looks like a boggo Dynamique :tongueout:
I would have liked the Akra but there aren't too many spec'd with it, and those that are were £2k more. Worst case scenario I do the mid box delete, but it's fruity enough. As you probably know, the seats are mega supportive and they held me VERY well in the sides.
I'm really looking forward to this next step and am equally excited to start sharing my progress in my new thread :smile:

Put them next to a dynamique and they really dont look anything like them - regardless of colour! Easy to make that assumption, but when you park next to another clio, you really can see a big difference...

The MK4s are well equipped tbh, its really only the akra that is the biggest thing to spec, and ive heard the akra in person and its really not that impressive tbh, certainly not warranted paying an extra 2k for (even though iirc they are £800 to spec?)

Reactions: Micah
Put them next to a dynamique and they really dont look anything like them - regardless of colour! Easy to make that assumption, but when you park next to another clio, you really can see a big difference...

The MK4s are well equipped tbh, its really only the akra that is the biggest thing to spec, and ive heard the akra in person and its really not that impressive tbh, certainly not warranted paying an extra 2k for (even though iirc they are £800 to spec?)

£900 I think, I just got a good deal from Kev's guy so it all pointed to that car in the end. Didn't fancy another black one.