Micah's Deep Black 200

So I've had my 200 for a couple of weeks now. A stock 200 in Deep Black without the Cup pack. Wheels must have been sprayed gloss black at some point.

IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4465.jpg
IMG_4469.jpg

Now I've had time to get used to the car, I thought I'd do a bit of basic maintenance as the weather was fairly nice today.
The boy racer in me decided to upgrade the standard panel filter to a K&N, so that took all of 2 minutes!

IMG_4506.jpg
IMG_4523.jpg

After some shopping I decided to waste some time on the seat belts. Thanks to the How To guide on here, they now look much better, though still not 100% sparkly!

IMG_4513.jpg IMG_4521.jpg

And the simplest thing ever, the steering wheel centre stitching...

IMG_4516.jpg IMG_4518.jpg

Very pleased overall with today's tasks, I will try and get something meatier on here in due course!
How did you manage to clean seat belts like that clean I need to clean mine too what products did u use thanks

Had a great idea today. What's the best thing I can do with the car on one of the hottest days of the year?

Clean the leather interior!

Must have lost 2 kilos in sweat alone! Bought AutoGlym leather cleaner and balm from Halfords - seemed to be the only place I could get it. Didn't take too long even though I watched a video on YouTube by a guy with an M3 who said it took him HOURS to do. Probably because he had nice nappa leather and not tough grainy Renault stuff. I can't say I've noticed much difference but I know it's doing some good. Would probably look better on the custom jobs by @sevenfourate and @Gordini.
Here's a picture anyway!

4844e71d615afae124013aa0e6df3770.jpg

Had a great idea today. What's the best thing I can do with the car on one of the hottest days of the year?

Clean the leather interior!

Must have lost 2 kilos in sweat alone! Bought AutoGlym leather cleaner and balm from Halfords - seemed to be the only place I could get it. Didn't take too long even though I watched a video on YouTube by a guy with an M3 who said it took him HOURS to do. Probably because he had nice nappa leather and not tough grainy Renault stuff. I can't say I've noticed much difference but I know it's doing some good. Would probably look better on the custom jobs by @sevenfourate and @Gordini.
Here's a picture anyway!

4844e71d615afae124013aa0e6df3770.jpg

STUNNING EFFORT ! Especially today of all days. Is that what's now known as the 'Renault diet' :smile:

If mine look half as good as that I'll be well pleased.

And thanks for the tips.....

Reactions: Micah
Jeez what a day you picked for cleaning:excited:

Looks great though. I used a white microfibre to rub in the leather cleaner/protector product I used and only on the drivers seat did it soil lightly.
Must be fairly clean seats you've got!

Yes, I was insane doing it and I even had undermoob sweat patches on my t-shirt when I finished.
118c3a890456f53c229eed904bdffc0c.jpg

@Big Ben I think Steve had given them a clean before I bought them.
Almost forgot to add a picture of my newest mod [emoji6]
acd0beda5a0c90cce6ca0b2f3b96d19f.jpg

Reactions: ///M
Good work mate. As for not seeing much difference it's more about long term care. If you keep it up they'll last longer / wear better.

I think you're a bit nuts doing it in that weather though! I'd have driven to a car park to get some shade at least!

:smiley:

Good work mate. As for not seeing much difference it's more about long term care. If you keep it up they'll last longer / wear better.

I think you're a bit nuts doing it in that weather though! I'd have driven to a car park to get some shade at least!

:smiley:

I was like a thing possessed and just wanted to get it done, not known for my logic, me :smiley:
But you're right, it's about the maintenance more than anything else and keeping them 'lush'.

Reactions: ///M
As above, very brave man to do ANY kind of work in this weather :smile: worth it for the results and benefits though!

Undermoob: that's a new one on me! :smile::smile:

Jesus, good work in that temperature. We had 25 degrees up here on Saturday, I gave the car a quick maintenance wash and had to have a shower afterwards, sweat was pouring off me!

Jesus, good work in that temperature. We had 25 degrees up here on Saturday, I gave the car a quick maintenance wash and had to have a shower afterwards, sweat was pouring off me!

I couldn't actually see when I got out of the car as the sweat was running into, and stinging my eyes!

Time for me to draw this thread to a close.
As you know, I put the car up for sale last week and following some interest, it all went a bit quiet and I thought it just wouldn't sell.
Someone was meant to view it at the weekend but was in Basingstoke and couldn't get over. I then travelled to Italy for work on Monday and only got back this afternoon, but the potential buyer messaged me this morning to say he could come over around in the afternoon. He was already at the house by the time I got back and I literally chucked my luggage in the house before taking him out in the car! Talk about planes, trains and automobiles!
Having viewed a couple of rough examples, he absolutely loved mine and I was shocked when he said he'd take it there and then! Eventually the money went through and off he went on his merry way. I watched the car drive up the road, not sure if I should have done and it all feels a bit surreal, the whole thing has happened so fast. I do get sentimental but at the same time, I feel a sense of relief. I ploughed so much time, money and effort into it, it became a bit of a hindrance in some respects. I'll never own such a good looking car, but I know I'm definitely ready for a change.
Thank you little black beast, you've been such fun and the perfect step into Clio ownership, and got me on one of the best forums ever with really great people!
Time for a new thread, in due course :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better that way in sometimes, at least it's not sat on your drive a week knowing it's someone else's. No looking back now mate, only forward, and looking forward to your new thread :smiley:

Reactions: Micah
Done and dusted. Hope the new owner treats her as well as you did.

New thread you say...:french: