Metal Grills for 197...

i saw them as the stock ones perish rapidly. they seem a tad thin for my liking, especially when you consider the depth of the stock plastic ones.
anyone know if it's possible to have the stock grilles dipped in rubber or sprayed?

not a fan. im an original look guy if you know what i meen

£80 aswell i can buy chicken wire and cut it to shape and itd only cost £5 maybe another £5 on top for paint aswell lol

LOL thanks guys.
I bought some replacement plastic ones from my local dealer on saturday (£78 inc vat), Mine have turned grey already!
All i have to do now is get the old ones out... anyone know how?
Banging does not work Woody... !

Last edited:
There are fiddly clips on the inside. Mine broke when i tried an put a little pressure on them. They pull outwards, not in as I thought they would.......
I undid the bolts under the bonnet on top of the bumper, this allows you to get your arm in (still bloody hurt me arm though). You need to pinch the clips inwards to release.
Not too difficult............:smile:

is it posable to do this from below? take the engine mud guard thing off jack the car up then reach up?

Dunno mate, the dealership said "gotta take the bumper off mate, thats a reite ******* job" so i thought "oh well it can't be that hard then, LOL.

I might try some masking tape on the bumper then try to lever the grill out from the bottom. The grills slot in from the top and are then help in place by three non return clips.

I emailed K-Tec to ask them about the grills as they were fitted to their 'Project Clio' (as pictured) only the photo i saw they were black.
They (K-Tec) said that they were just trailed on their car but they weren't impressed so did not want to offer them on in their shop.
FYI - They fit OVER the existing grills and screw into them, you can see the plastic ones behind the mesh, sound total rubbish.

Sorry i even started this thread as they look absolute c**p!

:eek:

SO Did u fit a standard 1? How did it go?

Not had chance to try yet mate, was at another wedding on Saturday (not mine) and then took my GF to Three sisters yesterday for a drive round the track in a Mini Cooper S (she has a Cooper). So had no spare time what-so-ever.
I'll try and have a go this week, the front bumper doesn't seem that flexible to prize the grills out so i might try the 'undoing the top bolts' method!

They wouldn't let me on track with the Clio, i'd have thrashed those Mini's IMO too. :bat: