Hybrid Megane trophy

so Bedford was fantastic in the megane, first track day in her and she definitely delivered.
Most people know but before bedford i had fitted
H&R springs
Performance fiction pads on the front
braided hoses
uprated brake fluid
and some ad08r tyres.

First thing first was the brakes! Very impressed, after going down to braintree with @Big Ben and @DS197 and basically setting them on fire i was a little worried. But the small changes done the job! No fade at all and fantastic power.
Springs defo had a lower center of gravity and less body roll which defo helped.
The tyres were fantastic tho, slippy in the heavy rain but easily controlled. Soon as the track dried out they come into their element and was superb!
unfortunately i wasnt able to get out in tandem with the clio boys i had a few laps close to ben which was great fun until i went across the grass!
few photos.
I forgot to offer passenger rides but if anyone wants one please just say!
View attachment 117172IMG-20171104-WA0000 by james simpson, on Flickr
View attachment 11717320171105_123519 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 11717420171105_123358 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 11717520171105_123338 by james simpson, on Flickr

last of all a small video
Shit I miss my 250 after watching yours James

yeah really happy with the look and the performance, tho tonight ive noticed a metallic rotating grinding noise on the drivers side which seems to be louder when off throttle, brakes seem find so im not sure what it is, so will have to take it in somewhere..
Hope it’s cheap and quick fix for you.

cant imagine it being anything serious, seems to only be at low speeds. Maybe simple as a wheel bearing but shes only done 20k. Going in tomorrow morning to the place that fitted the springs and brakes. Hes a Renault nut there so im sure he will get to the bottom of it.
Shit I miss my 250 after watching yours James
yeah it was great fun in the wet, arse loved to come out as @Big Ben saw. But in the dry it was on rails, really happy with how she went.

Definitely got to jump in with you at some point James, always loved the look of the 275, the red wheels set yours off massively though...:thumb:

Reactions: jamesgw200
Lovely pics James - at what point did you get in touch with the photographer today as want to see more of mine. Do you have to give the reg or does he give you a link?

Last edited:
Just a few photos :wink:View attachment 117216EN9I0915 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 117217EN9I1441 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 117218IJ6A3638 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 117219IJ6A4743 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 117220IJ6A4833 by james simpson, on FlickrView attachment 117221IJ6A5290 by james simpson, on Flickr

Some nice shots bud. But on reflection: ‘he’s’ not as good a photographer as you !

If I’m 100% honest I’m not sure he’s done your car full justice there.....

Take that as a double-compliment :smile:

Lovely pics James - at what point did you get in touch with the photographer today as want to see more of mine. Do you have to give the reg or does he give you a link?

I sent him a FB message with my Reg and email, that's what he seems to be asking for! Nothing yet though :worried:

Hardly bud. Your shots I’ve seen of your own car are better than this ‘Pro’s’. Simple as that. If that ain’t a compliment I’m not sure what is...

:smile:
I don't think the photos were that bad :wink:

Well that was embarrassing but a relife. Took the car into the garage and basically the noise was the front wheel being slightly loose... due to it being freshly painted. It melted where the bolts were on track which caused it to become lose. Live and learn but I'm dreading going to pick it up. But you learn the difficult way :tongueout: make sure you check your torque. Damn hahaa.

Well that was embarrassing but a relife. Took the car into the garage and basically the noise was the front wheel being slightly loose... due to it being freshly painted. It melted where the bolts were on track which caused it to become lose. Live and learn but I'm dreading going to pick it up. But you learn the difficult way :tongueout: make sure you check your torque. Damn hahaa.
If it makes you feel any better it happened to me mid morning at Bedford! Thought I had a crisis but Carl whipped his torque wrench out and nipped up my front wheel nuts and problem solved!

Ha, good news , if a little embarrassing :smile: really glad it wasn't anything more serious. Better to be red faced than being presented with an unpleasant bill!

wouldnt be the last one to be a little embarrassed..as you said,live and learn..glad it was nothing really!!

Painted or powder-coated James ?

So the finish melted where the bolt head touches the wheel on the outside ? (Are your Meg bolts tapered too....?).

Never heard of that before.............

Painted or powder-coated James ?

So the finish melted where the bolt head touches the wheel on the outside ? (Are your Meg bolts tapered too....?).

Never heard of that before.............
when i painted my orange wheels a bit of paint came off too where the bolts are..never had to tighten them though..hence it never crossed my mind..

when i painted my orange wheels a bit of paint came off too where the bolts are..never had to tighten them though..hence it never crossed my mind..

James said 'melted' though specifically bud. Not 'came off' as such.........

Its odd that they should melt, theres no friction thats actually near the wheel bolts... Perhaps the heat from the brakes?