Megane RS 175 dci

jimfacebinface

Paid Member
Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever had any experience with the diesel version of the RS Megane? Or know anyone who's had one/got one?

I ask because a new job for my girlfriend means a bit more of a daily commute... That doesn't mean the Clio will be going, just it needs a more mature brother for a 50-ish mile motorway commute.

We'd rather not stack miles nor pay the fuel every day in the Clio and I'm intrigued to stay with the family and have a look at the Megane 175 diesel. I do like the Megane 225, and came close to getting one, plus I haven't found many bad words as of yet with the usual internet searching. Only that its chain driven (not that that should make much difference).

They seem to have most of the pros of the petrol version but with a little bit more economy. I'm yet to properly crunch some numbers but any excessive miles can be claimed so it doesn't have to do a billion mpg, just more than the Clio gets!

I'd be eager to find one close by to have a look at if anyone knows of anyone down Bournemouth way, I'd appreciate that.

Cheers

James

Hey James
Ive had a Petrol and Now got a 175 dci , swapped for the same reasons you are wanting too.
The car is not as quick off the mark as the petrol , but the pull in the 60 to 80 mph is rather fun
They have the same faults as the petrol (electric window regs and hubs)
Ive owned mine for a year now and love it , my son was so impressed with it , he now has one .
We also have 2 clio 200's and a Twingo in the family so have a few comparisons
If you have any specific questions give us a shout i'll try my best to answer them for you
I get aprox 38mpg country roads and my son gets aprox 43mpg motorway both doing aprox 20miles

Last edited:
That's a lot guys, they do look pretty cool for an oil burner. Not many of them about mind so I'll have to see if I can find on close-ish. I'll have to figure out if it's going to be worthwhile getting another car...