megane 250/265 owners

My run to work + kids to football driving like a granny sees me return 30.

Put your foot down and it drops like a stone.

I would budget for 28 on average tbh

My run to work + kids to football driving like a granny sees me return 30.

Put your foot down and it drops like a stone.

I would budget for 28 on average tbh

your isn't stop/start is it?

thinking/looking at 265 s/s or if available a 275 trophy sometime in next 12month...unless theres a bargain to be had

No but I can't see it making too much difference, it's not the SS that's the issue, it's the fact that even the slightest bit of fun will drop your mpg by 2-3.

I was at A1 junction yesterday on 29.8 iirc and had some fun with another driver to my house and it was at 27.3 when I pulled in the drive and I did 30 in the 30 section,

oh and 60 in the 60 officer [emoji8]

Just too add that the thing with the meg is you can boot it at 2,000rpm with no lag and it will fly like a Clio at 7,000rpm but your sucking fuel at twice the rate.

My average is around 33-37 mpg, That's 28 miles a day on B roads driving fairly steady 50-60mph with the occasional hard acceleration. Highest MPG figure I've seen is 40mpg.

My average is around 33-37 mpg, That's 28 miles a day on B roads driving fairly steady 50-60mph with the occasional hard acceleration. Highest MPG figure I've seen is 40mpg.

from a 250 or 265 or 265 with ss

Simon I have a Class 1 HGV licence which cost me over £3000 to get so I drive with in the Speed limits @ Mentalpen

If were going big cock wagging then my driving licence cost £270,000 for work, with insurance costing £1,100,000 a year [emoji8]

And I never mentioned not sticking to speed limits.

i'd say if you can run a 197 foxspeed then you'll be fine with the meg. I've found I get around the same for the normal commute 28-29, a bit better than the clio if you are on a run (over 30 and often 35+ if you are easy on the right foot - whereas it was pretty difficult to break 30mpg and keep it there in the clio). If you nail it everywhere - pretty similar to the clio again I find.