Megane 225 track car - more goodies

Didn't know I hadn't updated this thread, also can someone move it to the correct place (Other RenaultSport I think) please :smile:

Cars had a little bit of work done to it since the last update in January !

Been down to RS Tuning, results bellow.

IMG_1062_zps48677c52.jpg

I havent done many trackdays as planning for and saving for a wedding is killing my funding lol

Couple of videos from the last one I was at (the iPhones HZ rate is shocking so ignore the times and speed as they're out)

[video=youtube_share;OJFd7o6oyaE]http://youtu.be/OJFd7o6oyaE[/video]

I have to say the car sounds a bit more mental when your next to it or in it !

After that day I was a lot more sure of the car and wanted more so I got on the phone to Paul at RS Tuning and bought an R26.R gearbox he had in stock. The Helix Clutch Kit with SMF, new engine mounts and front strut top mounts...

IMG_1181_zps7770e132.jpg

IMG_1184_zps362835b1.jpg

7727d6f1-abe8-4296-b715-ed13ae4e93b9_zps582e41d8.jpg

7c449047-065c-4aa1-8cd7-46db1a95e2f5_zps006adf32.jpg

The new mounts have made a massive improvement to the feel of the car. Turn in is much sharper too, no surprise though as one of the strut top mounts was chirping away like budgies it was so worn :tongueout:anic:

And as it sits just now :smile:

IMG_1120_zps7c78affe.jpg

IMG_1121_zps5ec08d83.jpg

IMG_1123_zpsf3ebda09.jpg

Cheers guys, I really need to use it more. Only done 1700 miles between MOT's !

Smoggy it should go much better with the LSD now :evil:

Next on the list are more track bias tyres instead of the AD08's

Thinking of selling the slicks too as the V3's don't seem cut out for them tbh (saying that I've not got round to using them yet)

Looking good Mark and some nice power figures.

I think an LSD will be on the cards for me too

Cheers, I really wanted to keep it at the initial 300 odd hp and 340-350 ft/ld but Paul turned it down to be safe.

You'll love the LSD, takes a bit of getting used to (first time I've had one in a fwd car) but its such a laugh. My mate who's had an R26 and now has a 250 Cup thinks its a right laugh and I quote " this thing will tear your f***ing face off" lol

My 225 box is just lying there if you want it at a fair price to fit an LSD...

Which one are you going for ?

Thinking of sticking with the 200 box and chucking a Quaife in it as its so quick through the gears. Mark Black who you prob know from Meganesport had a drive in the car, his Meg is running 300bhp / 335lb and he reckons I'd leave him easily.

I've topped it out at 145-148 (private road of course), it gets there with no effort at all, just plant your foot down in 6th and it just takes off ferociously .

I think 225/R26 owners will be going to Clio boxes soon as they seem to be holding up well !

If your old box is a good one Mark, I would be interested as a spare. You would of been better chucking a gripper diff in your old box if its just a track car tbh. Much better the std r26 diff but not for road cars.

If your old box is a good one Mark, I would be interested as a spare. You would of been better chucking a gripper diff in your old box if its just a track car tbh. Much better the std r26 diff but not for road cars.

I was going to but I got the .R box for less than a LSD

I was going to but I got the .R box for less than a LSD

I know the box you got as it was offered to me when mine blew up at Cadwell. I have a spare r26 LSD which was undamaged in the explosion which I'm looking at putting in a 225 box when one comes up.

Had any joy with the door cards discussed earlier in your blog?

Last edited:
Ive not updated this in a while, mainly because there not been much happening with the Megane but Ive got a trailer for it now

image_zps8599f686.jpg

And I bought a Lexan rear window set which gets fitted on Monday

IMG_1939_zpsac9198fd.jpg