meg conversion

Hi guys, i went and purchased a megane f1 230 today as i'm going to be converting my clio! Just having a little problem working out this intercooler upgrade that i need... I keep hearing something about SC Autos i think they're called that do a intercooler for the conversion and i've also seen about this one that look good..

http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/mishimoto-universal-intercooler-j-line.html

Where do i get the inlet/outlet pipe work for them too?

Anyone willing to give me a hand of getting the correct bits needed would be amazing! thanks in advance! :smile:

Contact Steve at SC, I've been emailing him back and forth this week and he's been very helpful.

Hah! My silent prediction came true, said to myself i bet you end up doing a meg conversion!

You can use SC autos kit, but you can use a megane 225 one, you just have to move the rad over a bit to fit the boost pipesC348B72A-9F14-44B2-88D1-4712AFCB6EF6_zpsnzhuilzw.jpg

695911D9-CCD1-4D20-806D-1E24D75F5495_zpsykaycqw6.jpg

You can see ive just moved the rad over a bit and fitted the boost pipe in the gap. The other boost pipe just needs a section of the plastic bumper mount trimming

You can use SC autos kit, but you can use a megane 225 one, you just have to move the rad over a bit to fit the boost pipe

You can see ive just moved the rad over a bit and fitted the boost pipe in the gap. The other boost pipe just needs a section of the plastic bumper mount trimming

Ok buddy thanks for the reply. You think it's worth saving the money and using the 230 intercooloer? I may be asking you a few questions along the way. Hope you don't mind :wink:

depends really what power you want really, if you are happy with 260-280 at first then stock everything stock should be fine and can be upgraded later. Also think carefully whether you will ever want to go over the 300 mark as forging will need to be done for that. Yeah no worries mate, Im pretty familiar with the conversion now.

depends really what power you want really, if you are happy with 260-280 at first then stock everything stock should be fine and can be upgraded later. Also think carefully whether you will ever want to go over the 300 mark as forging will need to be done for that. Yeah no worries mate, Im pretty familiar with the conversion now.

Well I've said to myself I'd be more than happy with 270-280 bhp. Wouldn't mind pushing close to the 300 mark though but definitely not over. I've always thought that 300 is really the limit for a fwd car.

To think I used to think 300 was too much, shooting for 340 now then 380 when I get cams next winter :lol: one thing I would pay for and that has saved me a load of hassle and fault finding etc is getting my loom made by SC autos. The loom is great and essentially plug and play while remaining really OEM looking.

To think I used to think 300 was too much, shooting for 340 now then 380 when I get cams next winter :lol: one thing I would pay for and that has saved me a load of hassle and fault finding etc is getting my loom made by SC autos. The loom is great and essentially plug and play while remaining really OEM looking.

Have you got a contact number for them and also how much is the loom? Can't I just use it out the Megane? Probably sound like a right noob but I have no idea how it all works haha

Just collected mine this week and it is very impressive. You will be delighted with the final results once complete.

Mine made 284hp, 300ftlb and it feels quick enough... for now.

It's funny cause when I did mine, lots of anti FI and now it feels like another on being built every week. It's a geat conversion and makes the Clio a really quick car. Ste at SC can help with bits that make it easier to DIY.

Have you got a contact number for them and also how much is the loom? Can't I just use it out the Megane? Probably sound like a right noob but I have no idea how it all works haha

The loom and ECU to be decoded was £450 I think. You can't use the megane loom as you have to modify the loom to fit the clio fuse box. Fits perfectly and was 100% worth it

Just collected mine this week and it is very impressive. You will be delighted with the final results once complete.

Mine made 284hp, 300ftlb and it feels quick enough... for now.

I'm very excited! did you use standard intercooler?

Jumped straight in with buying a Meg engine. Good luck, I think you're going to need to from what it sounds haha :smiley:

glad you decided to go the megane way..hope everything goes smoothly for you and you will be able to enjoy your clio once again..
will keep a close eye on this thread as well:thumbup: