Matt's CUP

Got my 200 CUP a couple of months ago now and ive started adding bits and bobs so thought i'd start a project thread this is my 4th renault sport and i always seem to find my way back to a clio my last two cars were M3's one an E92 M3 and the other i spent a small fortune on which was my track E46 M3. But i do love my clio's and here i am.

Bought the car from ktec and it had coilovers already fitted which was a massive bonus for me as its something i would of done anyway, other than that its a standrd cup spec with recaros.

A quick phone pic after i got it back and had a play with the suspension.

image_2.jpg

Then i bought a sabelt steering wheel and OMP boss

image_3.jpg

Fitted

image_4.jpg

I then bought a rich's supersprint race back box.

image_9.jpg

I then bought a set of federal 595 RSR's

image_6.jpg

Then they were fitted and i had the geometry setup properly as whoever owned the car before clearly never had it done and in all honesty it was all over the place.

image_8.jpg

And this is basically how its sitting now with the suspension set up properly and the RSR's on drives 100 times better now like night & day.

image_7.jpg

Looking like a cup racer now! Also has 20mm spacers all round! And im on the lookout for a cup racer rear spoiler.

Cheers

That looks great, really like that. I think it looks great spoiler-less too.

That looks great, really like that. I think it looks great spoiler-less too.

I do agree mate but cant help but think it would look better with a spoiler, if i was half decent at photoshop i would have a play with the last image as i do think from that angle i does look lovely without the spoiler.

Love these on coilovers, does it handle better than the cup suspension?

I would 100% say yes, i drove two cups back to back at k-tec one with cup dampers with H&R springs, and this one with at the time were poorly set up coilovers, and i decided to go for this one, now there set up properly and the geometry is done combined with the rsr's i can hand on heart say its the best handling car ive ever owened and ive owned a few choice cars.

I would 100% say yes, i drove two cups back to back at k-tec one with cup dampers with H&R springs, and this one with at the time were poorly set up coilovers, and i decided to go for this one, now there set up properly and the geometry is done combined with the rsr's i can hand on heart say its the best handling car ive ever owened and ive owned a few choice cars.
Cool, Which coilovers are they?

Been a while since anything has happend with the car, just moved into my first house so my time has been spent elsewhere.

Although i have just bought these to replace my cup spec headlights, this will make the front end look 10 times better! Should get round to fitting them tomorrow i will update the thread with before and after pics.

image_10.jpg

Other than that i fitted my decat centre section which has cirtainly made the car sound amazing pops and bangs like mad now, hopefully it will pass track db limits or it will unfortunately be coming off.

image_11.jpg

just waiting for my cup racer rear spoiler to turn up now, spoke to pure motorsport a couple of days ago and he seems to think they will be with him shortly. So hopefully i will have it fitted soon!

i think i saw this car a couple of weeks ago near hedge end, do you have a big number 23 sticker on the rear quater windows iirc?

Looks nicely sat, sounded good too. Have you got any plans for it?

Thanks mate. Umm nothing major really mate cup racer rear spoiler, and v6 airbox waiting to go on, then just enjoy some track time. Are there many member in southampton? Should get a few together!!

I've no idea, yours is the only other one I've really seen to be honest. Mines a storm grey if you ever see it about, a meet sounds good.

fitted the same steering but what have you done about the horn?, or are you going to change it back when it come sot the MOT?