Mark's Nimbus 197 T Cup

Due to the Aussie flu i Haven't got much done. The Crank seal is in though and the cam seals have arrived.

Also realised I need some flywheel bolts.
Got to find out if they're different for a ttv r26r flywheel. Currently has female torx bolts?

huh?think my mechanic used the standard 197 bolts but dont quote me on this....
hope you feel better now...

Reactions: Mark_L
Think I've got some here Mark if you want them? I can drop them off one evening. They're the HT Allen bolt type and hardly done any miles.

Reactions: Pav
Is that photo of the cambelt the final set tension? If so you need to look at the tension and make sure the marker lines up with the little groove on the tensioner to make sure it's correct. At the moment it doesn't look like it is.
Nice to see someone else progressing with the Megane conversion.

Is that photo of the cambelt the final set tension? If so you need to look at the tension and make sure the marker lines up with the little groove on the tensioner to make sure it's correct. At the moment it doesn't look like it is.
Nice to see someone else progressing with the Megane conversion.

That's because it Didn't work. I even put the old one back on and it Didn't move either. Had another mechanic double check the tension as they're not my thing! Grinders and welders are my thing! And all is good! Don't know why it doesn't align but I bought it a couple of months ago.

Finally got an inlet gasket, ended up with a 3mm ptfe one as the first one I ordered was the wrong one and it was just easier for me. Don't know if they make any difference??
Can finally get it all built up.
20180305_131938.jpg

Brought a few bits in to work to get them fitted.
630 injectors
265 turbo
Ttv lightweight flywheel and r26r clutch
New set of ngk platinum plugs recommended by Chris @efi.
Also looked at my loom and It's the same as in the how to guide so That's a bonus.