MarcB's LY Clio 197 F1 R27

So day 2 was alot better than day one, The time I got there all the struts and bushes where all built up so it was just a case of fitting them with new top mounts and bearings and then putting things back together.

We then moved on to the rear of the car and changed the rear shocks, springs , discs & pads and with all that being done it was oil and filter change along with tracking.

Last was to change the door handles as mine looked so bad so we also done that.

I never managed to get alot of pictures as I was more hands on.

tJb67R8.jpg
pLvdw78.jpg
KqYaC2M.jpg
Jj2UFs1.jpg
Yeii33L.jpg
2Pyd98D.jpg
1NXG2jd.jpg
Wcxrkek.jpg
yTCt7aS.jpg
MYgwBAb.jpg
PojWstN.jpg
RRnyCv7.jpg
wgO1WLw.jpg

Reactions: suj and Mark_L
There is only now one thing letting the car down and that is part of the exhaust.

The car was fitted with a TOYOSPORT manifold when I bought it but when it was on the ramp running we could hear the Flexi starting to fart ever so slightly. You can not hear it unless you are directly under the car.

I have e-mailed around 2 /3 e-mail address's for toyosport to see if they do a replacement Flexi and I have contacted them on ebay but not had any response.

The next on the list is to sort the exhaust out with all new clamps, exhaust hangers and a new Flexi.

kTW2PaL.jpg
BcalhAl.jpg

Just read through your entire thread. Top work, the car is going to be truly special when you're done! As is the way with these things I doubt you will ever consider it "done" though! Lovely car.

Reactions: Pav
where did you get the front hub assembly from pls??
im sure there are rear pads somewhere in that picture above :tearsofjoy:
top work..your clio will love you for all this..bet the ride and steering will improve massively over your old set up..

Looks really good Iv just done the same as this on my clio can’t wait to get it out and try it all out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well no big updates but done some cleaning today.

The door cards where extremely dirty and I mean bad, The cloth part was so dirty that you could scrape your name in the dirt.
So today I took the door cards off and gave them the best scrub ever with the snow foam and jet wash.

XE0AZSF.png

E1FhLCa.png

CXNxb2W.png

AlAy9Bl.jpg

I then decided to give my mats a snow foam and scrub and then run the carpet cleaner over them to suck the water out them.
As you can see they have turned out very well.

4AR1Bqz.png

YSeZQYK.png

JQNjTIJ.jpg

The next thing thats been annoying me for months was the air vents and how dirty they had been just with general use and dust inside them, They where then taken out and put in a bucket and cleaned , Rinsed with water and refitted and it has made a huge difference just to get into all the vents and small parts.

zHPIGrr.png

82NyeRf.png

Everything is spot on and I still have a load of genuine trims that are still in packaging to fit.

an afternoon well spent i'd say..good thinking on removing them and jet washing them down..didnt take long for it to dry up either,did it??

Well had some time on my hands and decided to sort some items on the car that have been outstanding for months.

The banging stared on the manifold weeks ago if not months and I never got round to sorting it.
Bought myself a new febi mount for £12 and decided to set about it which was very very simple and an very easy job.

E5Jwi3c.jpg
PIN1dt2.jpg
lEp9JCA.jpg
gwHXDkl.jpg
UAl9mQQ.jpg
wXsFINj.jpg
IMeac62.jpg

Next up was the dreaded window seals, I have once again had these sitting for around a year and I have put off doing them due to the fact that you need make sure the glue has been taken all out.

N0CSOq6.jpg
dxc82Uu.jpg
G7s4jzx.jpg
Cwj5Aus.jpg
F3hbQBj.jpg
YNaqZnp.jpg

Next up I have a pile load of new interior trim parts that have once again been sitting for ages so I thought I would change the two interior kick plates that run along the side of the sill as mine are badly scratched and marked.
Once again these are brand new genuine renault parts.

ZFBxAXL.jpg
9o9gYoe.jpg
WsPoXPs.jpg
sbt0e4h.jpg
Yy8NFYn.jpg

Here is the new one fitted.

GVuWzN8.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben