manifold flexi blown / decat / remap

My car has been making the blowing noise for about 2-3 weeks now and it's just started getting alot worse lately.

I know it's the manifold flexi as you can see that's it's frayed badly.

I am also looking to get my car decat'd and have read the reviews. The best out there seems to be the KTR decat for the build and listening to the KTR vs. Miltek I'd say it sounds better too.

One of my mates looked at the flexi and said it was a right pain to swap and I'd be better off taking it to a garage to get it done so I was thinking of getting it done the same time as my decat.

I am in the Newcastle area so I'd appreciate a good place to get a decat fitted and the flexi replaced. Also some idea of what the flexi might cost would be appreciated.

Just be aware that the blow might be from the manifold flange rather than the flexis, the mani has a habit of cracking along the flange, mine seems to be blowing from that area.

I will do thanks.

I've been putting it off getting it done as long as I can but my sister got in the car last night and said it sounds like an angry 'Big Cat' so I think that's my cue to get it replaced.

Anyone recommend a decent garage? I've been told Powerflow @ TyreSpot on Scotswood Road but reading their reviews I'm not so sure....

You might be better getting hold of a second hand one, even one with damage, get that repaired and then swap them. Just had mine done and it isn't a fun job.

I will do thanks.

I've been putting it off getting it done as long as I can but my sister got in the car last night and said it sounds like an angry 'Big Cat' so I think that's my cue to get it replaced.

Anyone recommend a decent garage? I've been told Powerflow @ TyreSpot on Scotswood Road but reading their reviews I'm not so sure....

Hi,
my flexi pipe has also blown just recently and was wondering where did you get yours fixed/replaced at?
any recomendations??
also does any1 know the dimensions so i can make a straight through pipe that i have been told to do??
and also i live in Newcastle

Last edited:
You need the flexi pipe to allow the engine to move, otherwise you will completely shear the primaries from the flange on the manifold.

The flexi you need is a Bosal 265-567, make sure when it is welded in that it can't touch the other flexi.