Hello all,

Not got any Clio's to post up yet!!

This is the same treatment as on offer to regular members @ £220, and gold/plat @ £195. Regular price to the rest of the world is £240! So you're getting a bargain!!

Process;

• Vehicle rinsed then snow foam applied to suspend dirt and left to dwell for 5 minutes.
• ‘Magic Wash’ with wheel arches and wheels soaked in a degreasing solution.
• Wheels cleaned with a non-acidic wheel gel and a selection of special wheel brushes.
• Panel gaps, door shuts, and badges cleaned.
• Paintwork decontamination process (3 stages to remove bonded contaminants).
• Vehicle re-washed then hand-dried using 'deep pile' microfibre drying towels and blow dryer.
• Glazed using soft touch machine.
• Swissvax Best of Show carnauba wax applied by hand.
• Door shuts waxed for added protection.
• Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected.
• Interior fabric cleaned and vacuumed.
• Interior trim dressed.
• All glass cleaned.
• Exterior glass sealed using G|Techniq G1.
• Wheel faces sealed.
• Tyres and exterior trim cleaned, conditioned and dressed.
• Stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished.
• Engine bay degreased, cleaned and protected.
• Final inspection to make sure the car meets Matt’s high standards.

So, in essence, this is the top spec "Protection Detail".

Bit of background, my client had picked the car up at 11am friday morning and dropped it with me at noon the same day. He literally drove it straight to me. So this was the condition he'd collected the car in, bit poor I'm sure you'll agree;

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

So, I started with the engine bay... which I didn't picture, as it was quite clean as you can see above, it just had some dusting on it. Degreased it, and blow dried the worse of the water off. I didn't dress it at this stage, because the bonnet vents let the water in during the wash phases etc.

Then I started on the washing, with the wheels first. Used RIM7 to hammer the dirt off and reduce teh amount of brake dust. I find this to be the most potent of all cleaners, it's excellent stuff, but the iron decontaminate in it isn't quite as strong as Iron-X, and that was evident when I gave them a shot of Iron-X...

IMG_3318.jpg

Then I foamed the car to remove any loose dirt and soften up the baked on stuff. Gave it a PH-neutral magic wash and then set about decontaminating the paintwork, tar removal, iron etc. before claying.

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

The vehicle was then re-washed and dried following this procedure; my apprentice can be seen here with the blow dryer..

IMG_3323.jpg

I was now heading down the home stretch after breaking the back of the job above - so I dressed the engine to finish that part off;

IMG_3324.jpg

Then I could crack on with the glazing, not shown. This helps to fill in around 10% of the swirls present, to take the edge off some of the lightest damage. Ideal, as it's only a protection detail, so doesn't include any paint correction. Crucially, it also adds alot of shine and reflectivity to teh surface, as well as laying a base for protection.

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

My client had chosen to upgrade the protection to Swissvax Best of Show;

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

And whilst that was curing, I also took care of the wheels, using Swissvax Autobahn..

IMG_3335.jpg

Tailpipes were spandangled up aswell :smile:

IMG_3354.jpg

So this concluded the end of the first days photography, as I had a couple of other smaller jobs on in and around this one. I did actually finish it all in a day, but didn't take any final pictures as I was losing light.. favourite picture in the late afternoon sun;

IMG_3336.jpg

And then onto the final pictures you've been waiting for :smiley:

The Best of Show reacts with sunlight and warmth, as it's enriched in essential oils, so it works best if left out in the sun... this was the morning of collection;

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

And this picture really shows off the metal flake, depth of colour, warmth and gloss all in one. One of my favourite pictures...

IMG_3377.jpg

Hope you enjoyed reading.

All the best,
Matt.
www.magicdetail.co.uk

Matt, can you recommend me a blow dryer?

I love Best of show sooooo easy to use. I normally leave it to cure over night and then take it off next morning leaving it in the sun for the rest of the day.

and as for Autobahn, that has to be the nicest smelling wax in the world!

in fact all of the swissvax products smell like a sweet shop!

Epic work mate. Close enough to me to cost me some money when I have a worthy car :smile:

Cheers mate. I love detailing, and there's nothing better than causing some serious damage to a clients wallet whilst doing so lol :lol:

We need a detailer like this in east anglia !

Just one of me is enough. If you can't bring the mountain to mohammed, bring mohammed to the mountain.. :wink:

Matt, can you recommend me a blow dryer..

Look on ebay for Aeleous pet dryers. Same thing as a Black Baron minus the detailer tax!!

No need to leave BoS for so long btw - it cures quickly, about 15mins, then buff and leave an hour, re-buff and shift into the sunlight if there is any. The UV will warm the oils in the wax and make the paint looking dripping wet (like above).

Lovely car and lovely work too.

Thanks mate :smile:

Thanks again guys :smile:

I have so many different things I could show you, leather re-colouring, wheel refurbs etc. It's difficult to know what to show you next. I have recently started using the Rupes 'Big Foot' polishing system which I have done a few trials with on my personal cars to gain a better understanding of the pad/polish combos, and used it today for the first time on a clients car. I was really pleased with the results, so maybe I'll show you that :smile: