LY F1 track project

Specc57

Paid Member
Where to start, i have recently purchased an accident damaged LY F1 with the intentions of caging/track car only build.

initial inspection is some minor front chassis damage, subframes is shot, rad was twisted but i have managed to save/straighten this.

so had a small tinker last sat but nothing major started stripping the front end, then some interior parts. then came ebay and the ex palmersport clio shell that is available not many miles away from me.

So before i spend a few K getting this one straight and a cage fitted how much work if possible would it be to swap the good stuff from the F1 onto a motorsport shell?

well, went and looked at the palmersport shell and while it would be a perfect shel to work with i think the LHD side of it will cause too much work with all the swapping over required. back to original plan. get the LY pulled straight it is.

attachment.php
attachment.php
Sorry chaps been so busy I haven't even touch this until today, when I managed a couple of hours tinkering.
Stripped the front end, removed the damaged wheel, removed the dash (airbag ) and dropped the new dash in.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
been a while since i updated this due to being busy with work, have done a few bits in the last few weeks its now sat back on its own wheels will drop some pictures on soon.