LY colour opinions

I never said condition and spec are not important...

I just pointed out its a rarer colour and generally more sought after (i know its not every cup of tea - but if we all liked the same things then it'd be a boring old place!)!

Reactions: Benno and LOCKE
I was only looking for either RB or LY.
We had a RB182 Cup for 5 years so we'd done that colour and I was leaning more towards the yellow.

It would be Mrs JMR's car though, and she was dead set against a yellow car...
...until she saw one at Rockingham, then she was on the Autotrader and Pistonheads when we got back in :grinning:

I was more than happy when we saw ours that we bought.
It ticked all boxes, quite conveniently.
Colour
Condition
FRSH every 12 months
Warranty
Drives spot on

I think the LY is going to be more desirable than undesirable when it comes to moving the car on.

We are hoping to be looking at 4-5 years ownership with this one before considering selling.

I think the LY is going to be more desirable than undesirable when it comes to moving the car on.
Exactly my view. Ok there are potential matching issues, but it's such a popular colour & definitely the one I most desire.

Reactions: JMR
What are you thinking? You get more for the car if it's LY? I own a LY but I would honestly have any colour scheme in the RS paint chart. I have no personal experience of how hard LY is to match, wether it just scaremongering or the truth I'm not sure. I would be more concerned if you could personally live with LY as its in your face all the time but looks so good.
Just in terms of weathering and colour matching as I would use it as a daily runner , going to view one this Saturday after nearly 2 months of searching so fingers crossed.

If you're looking for resale value than go for a special edition with a numbered badge. The colour comes second it seems.

Reactions: David92
I had a choice of black, white or there was also a LY in the dealer network. GF said a massive no to LY, sadly, but it would draw all the wrong attention where I live. My Mk3 was black, so white it was! My god do I love it in white with black wheels and red calipers.
But as @Chris said, it's good that we all do like different things :smile:

Best part of owning a LY in my opinion, is the very rare event of witnessing someone receive a “yellow car, no return” whilst having your car pointed at.

It’s happened at least twice during my ownership! The same phenomenon can be bought with any generic yellow car. LY doesn’t add to the effect!

Reactions: Benno
Best part of owning a LY in my opinion, is the very rare event of witnessing someone receive a “yellow car, no return” whilst having your car pointed at.

It’s happened at least twice during my ownership! The same phenomenon can be bought with any generic yellow car. LY doesn’t add to the effect!

Am I be thick but I'm not following lol!

When I was van driving the lady who was my assistant would hit me & say this every time she saw a yellow car. If I saw it first I would do the same. The only time it is acceptable to hit a woman. She started it & it was only a gentle punch!

Oh right...

Ive had lots of people compliment the colour - thats a nice perk!

24d61b3b027859abca86ef23d1a4dadf.jpg

Even funnier in one of these!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24d61b3b027859abca86ef23d1a4dadf.jpg

Even funnier in one of these!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the only problem with the game - folk start punching you when they see a council van or a jcb etc. Gets out of hand! I used to be covered in bruises as the lady punching me used to work on the fun fairs & was built like a Russian shot litter!

Reactions: RossWoods93 and Pav
That's the only problem with the game - folk start punching you when they see a council van or a jcb etc. Gets out of hand! I used to be covered in bruises as the lady punching me used to work on the fun fairs & was built like a Russian shot litter!

Should have said you can have yellows and ill have white cars, see who would come across more bruised by the end of the day.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Btw, quite interesting how the taste has changed in just a couple of years.

F1 R27 sales with most in yellow and just one in white.
nILKdoM.jpg

200 Cup sales with most in white and just one in yellow.
ohakq0m.jpg