Luke_197 Progress thread

I've met Luke and Stephen today. Top blokes and their love towards their cars can easily been seen.

Both cars are smashing, the attention to detail in Stephen's engine bay is amazing!

Luke thanks for the manifold mate and most importantly thanks for the smashing price. I can't help but feel that it was a daylight robbery so next time we meet beer and lunch is definitely on me:smile:

Shame I couldn't bring my car but we have to organise a blast when the diff is sorted:smile:

Finally got round to updating this.! The Clio is Back.

So where to start. Roll back two weeks ago, me and @Stephenvenning decided to go to expo. Not a hugely amazing show but a good day none the less. Great to meet up with Stu, Danny, Dom too. Was great fun going there in Stephens converted 197, (what a work of art that engine is).
7154c9d1b4bb004a3f8382f2b193b6e0.jpg
Roll on to last Saturday, Stephen kindly agreed to drive me to two techs to pick up the Clio. What better way to pick up a turbo Clio than in another turboed Clio! [emoji23]
A bit of down pour on the day, but didn't dampen our spirits.
Got to two techs and finally reunited with the 200!

I would like to say firstly what a cracking job two techs have done and how helpful and supportive they have been the whole way. The communication was great. Updates every week, it took a while but we both wanted to do this once and do right! I'm really happy as this conversion has helped gauge a lot of interest in two techs which they rightfully deserve.
Terry explained to us the ins and outs difficulties they had encountered etc. He also said how impressed they where with how the car performed. Before leaving I Jumped in to the car to reacquaint myself with the 200. The Heavy uprated clutch and razor sharp lightened SMF took some getting getting use to. The first pull away was rather uncivilised but soon got the hang of it. After driving a 3 series for the last 3 months, the Clio felt noisy, vibratey, stiff! It felt like a race car! And it was awesome!
We took it steady at first whilst the rain cleared, on the m25 the odd flyby pass was in order, how could you resist when every time you let off you car now goes, whroooooo stu stu stu stu! [emoji23]
Took a stop at the service station and we grabbed lunch.

Only the way home the rain had gone and we detoured to some clear country roads.
Wow the acceleration is brutal! It's so much more than I expected. It's sounds like a jet taking off and the turbo flutter is so addictive! I think I used a tank of fuel that day! [emoji85] Me and steve took a few more drives and then headed home.

The following day was also eventful! @Yiannis197 and @///M came to visit to collect my old Ktec manifold. What a great guy Yiannis is a great guy, Steve visited again and the 4 of us could have talked cars all week!
Later the Clio got a bath after 3 months, guess what even after 3 months she still beads! [emoji23]
7202180c6d2dbb20b930b4ba9324c99a.jpg

I'll take a break now but mapping happened on Thursday and I'll beginning writing that up shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
what a great story Luke..car looks awesome and sounds awesome from them short vids you sent me..thanks for that..now more than ever ,i want a turbo in my life..glad you are happy and reunited with your baby again..

enjoy

Reactions: Luke_197
Good write up Luke and very glad to hear you're so happy with the conversion! It sounds like you've got a proper little beast there now!

Car looks great. Bet it goes just aswell too ! The "complete" package.......... :smile:

Round these parts your: "whroooooo stu stu stu stu"......is known a Great Yarmouth valve.

Cause everyone cruising up and down the sea-front has one ! (***I'm only jealous).

ENJOY your baby................

Glad your pleased Luke. Now you can really enjoy her (perhaps a bit more so in the new year when we get some decent weather back)!.... Be careful with them extra horses in the wet!

Cheers for all the nice comments guys, I haven't updated this from where I left off so here I goes.

So Thursday came around and it was time for mapping set off at 4am for a 4 hour drive to Leeds.

fe2452de413e437738b6f267ab3c9f4f.jpg
We did a leak check to test for leaks and sorted a few minors, mainly the clamps which I was sent as part of the sc kit needed changing. The mikalor ones sent are meant for exhausts not silicone hose. They are now sorted.
The car was put onto the dyno, for its initial run, it made 260bhp without mapping. [emoji2] Pretty good.

So we fitted the new injectors then the new map was loaded on we did around 4 runs.
First run:295bhp [emoji50]
Second run: 298bhp [emoji15]
Third run: 298bhp [emoji33]
Forth run: 306bhp [emoji43]This run wasn't recorded as at this point paul said it was safer to reign it in. So we we settled for this.

301bhp, 300lbft.

The drive home was the one of worst weathers I have ever driven in. Hammered it down all afternoon, then the sun came out and reflected the light off the wet ground. Bloody terrible.

So the car feels very quick, I'm happy with the figure and it cool that I can say the car is 300bhp. Torque steers a little so you have to feed the power gently. The LSD works wonders, traction is fantastic.

So what's next:

I decided since I'm going to be using the car a lot on track next year I should buy a more suitable intercooler, opted for a megane R26 pro alloy FMIC. Should arrive this week. Also had to change to a forge hardpipe kit as the sc pipe work is completely different. It's shame as I'm gonna miss the chunky hardpipes. But function over form.

Also changed back to my old chrome cup headlight which I defiantly prefer to the black insert ones.

Last edited:
looking great Luke..thanks for inspiration..so the hard pipe kit is being replaced by the forge one???thought you had it fitted already...

thumbs up :thumb:

Great result that.....a genuine three hundred horses. Brilliant ! ? :smile:

Looking really good under the hood too.

There will be a few people hating you appearing in their mirrors on track next year..............

Reactions: Pav
So good!

Let me know which tracks you'd be doing next year mate, I'm def tagging along:smile: It'd be very interesting to see how the cars compare even though I kind of know already lol.

Reactions: Luke_197 and Pav
Going to two techs tomorrow, This goes on, along with forge hardpipe kit. [emoji14]

Pro alloy FMIC

b4753a1237bd7a9f012f74597a3ae756.jpg
6fac0b1a0dbb765079a7d946c7072805.jpg
cb74d909a179d9fdffff83db9a5a017a.jpg
f880bf7954378872678ec55d5c28cf29.jpg

Went to see Terry last Saturday for the first time. Top bloke. Friendly and knowledgable. Will be returning there definitely.
I did mention your progress thread and he showed me some photos he had of the build.

Very nice!

lovely..the design looks the same as my forge one..lovely piece of kit..keep us updated Luke