Lucky buy.. I hope

Hello all,

Totally went against my better judgement and took a leap on a glacier white full fat cup pack Clio 200 7 hours away from me. It was advertised on eBay and bought over the phone so I organised a transportation company to deliver it for me, sight unseen of course. Too good a spec and price to pass on, I told myself.
A few days later my new pride and joy arrived, all looked as expected and it only took a short drive to fall in love. Bit of a step up from my previous car, a VW up! GTI, but not as much as you may think.
As always with cars such as these, there's a few bits and bobs to do and a few niggles but it seems to have paid off.
Totally the wrong thing to do I know but I suppose I was just feeling lucky.
Screenshot_20230424_195641_Photos~2.jpgScreenshot_20230424_195634_Photos~2.jpg

Welcome :french: don't worry, still plenty of time for it to empty your wallet :wink:

We'll talk about that again if you've spent some more time with it. :wink:

Besides that welcome of course.

:german:

Okay, the Clio is definitely alot more capable, but my little up! on bilstein coilovers and wider stickier tyres could really hold on for a city car.
That coupled with a bit less weight and a bit of modern turbocharged torque low down it was a decent little thing. I'll miss it.
You are right though, the Clio is in a different league, just not as much of a jump as I thought.

Reactions: Marsch
Glad it worked out for you. You might find Clio R/S ownership is not as economical as VW GTI ownership but in terms of driver enjoyment it’s a different league. Let a friend of mine drive my Clio a couple of weekends ago. He’s an engineer worked on chassis development and done a bit of racing in his time, and he acknowledged that the French do know how to build fast small cars.

I've just chatted with somebody in our community and it turned out he's the projekt lead for the 911. His comment about the Clio is this.

Regarding the Clio: of course it's a great car. If someone asks me, a GT3 as a small car. Incredibly fun. Driving dynamics, sound. Just great. Could have a little more power, but that's what you wish for even in a Porsche.

I think that says something and reminds me of what a car journo (IIRC it was Chris Harris) once said "If Porsche would have ever built a hot hatch it would be this".

Besides that Misha also just called it a "Budget GT3 RS".

That's three people that know what they're talking about basically saying exactly the same now.

Last edited:
I think Misha has a mixed following with regards to driving skill/dynamics knowledge. A well known racing driver i know also is not a fan. (to be fair, so does charris)

I would echo the comments on Clio 3RS as a budget porker GT car.

shame it doesn't do 8500rpm or something, that'd be pretty special.

I'd think basically every racing driver would say the same or even worse about me. :sunglasses:

Let's say Misha at least knows his way around the NOS even if he had at least one "dumb" racing accident. I think he's a good guy in general. At least he comes of as one.

You can still try how long you'll last having the limiter set to 8500rpm. :smile:

Reactions: Wozzer

Similar Thread Suggestions