Lucifers Ultra Red 197

Hey all,

Thought I’d create somewhere to put some updates on the Clio.

The aim is to use it as a daily as well as for track use!

So expect to see some track pics in the new year.

When bought, the car already had some H&R springs fitted and an uprated top mount.

It has also just had new discs and pads all round and a full service, so will make the most of the stoppers for the time being until they start wearing and I’ll fit some uprated discs and pads.

Some pics from when it was first bought.

D78A2E562A914A0CA547.jpg

D0BC93E45FC644F48AD4.jpg

Since then I’ve added some simple bits such as team heko deflectors and some black diamond badges but nothing else at the moment but will take some pics shortly for this!

I’ve just had the steering wheel retrimmed in leather as a Christmas present from me to me!

My brother in law who has a tasty 300bhp megane 225 also had his wheel trimmed too!

E0B529B6D74F4874B63F.jpg

9575D2A86C10479EBA56.jpg

2EC98857DD404558BF56.jpg

The work is just exceptional and I’m well happy with it!

So that’s being fitted tomorrow and I’ll get some proper pics.

Just bought some 20mm spacers all round to soon be fitted and I’ve also uprated the washer jets to modern fan style!

I’ve got a couple of bits and bobs to tidy up before cracking on with the following shopping list:

- Coilovers to replace the spring set up
- Exhaust
- New Wheels thinking XXR 527 in black
- Seats and harnesses
- Clio 200 diffuser
- KTR Sprint Spoiler
- Tidy up the interior trims etc

And I’ll also be doing some basic track prep such as new brake fluid, oil, gearbox oil etc

Looking forward to getting properly stuck into this as a nice distraction from buying a new house and renovation.

Hopefully will see some of you at some track events soon!

Lucifer

Cheers guys!! Loving driving something Petrol and N/A at the moment compared to the Hybrid turbo diesel Fabias of past!

Fitted the wheel today!!! Feels amazing so happy I decided to do it!

1B764D8D57844A4081B7.jpg

Spacers should be here tomorrow so big thanks to @Ade T for those!

Just on the lookout for an exhaust now.

I’ve had a decat cobra exhaust before on an Astra VXR and that was perfect so will need to have a scout around at reviews for the Clio!

Reactions: LOCKE
If you're planning on trackdays, the setup I and many others have got is ideal. Decat with Scorpion resonated cat back system. Makes an amazing noise!! Passed MOT with flying colours on emissions with standard mani. Most importantly, below the dB limit for Bedford so will pass at nearly every track in the UK.

Reactions: Beany and Lucifer
Cheers guys!! Loving driving something Petrol and N/A at the moment compared to the Hybrid turbo diesel Fabias of past!

Fitted the wheel today!!! Feels amazing so happy I decided to do it!

View attachment 118825

Spacers should be here tomorrow so big thanks to @Ade T for those!

Just on the lookout for an exhaust now.

I’ve had a decat cobra exhaust before on an Astra VXR and that was perfect so will need to have a scout around at reviews for the Clio!

Looking good!
@Johnny 99 has the Cobra setup, so he can share his experience with you :smile:

Reactions: Lucifer
Looking good!
@Johnny 99 has the Cobra setup, so he can share his experience with you :smile:
Yeah I have Cobra cat back resonated plus sports cat. It's loud enough for me & I like the tone of the exhaust. Can be a tad loud on a long up hill pull on a motorway for example, but settles down in a cruise & once the road levels out. Sounds great when you are pushing on.

Yeah I have Cobra cat back resonated plus sports cat. It's loud enough for me & I like the tone of the exhaust. Can be a tad loud on a long up hill pull on a motorway for example, but settles down in a cruise & once the road levels out. Sounds great when you are pushing on.

Cheers for the quick review!

As long as it has a nice sound and passes track limits I’m happy!

Booking onto Bedford for 9th April so I’ve got a good couple of months to get the car track ready, plus I’ve not done Bedford before so looking forward to it!

Might even do cadwell or brands before then if I pull my finger out.

Update on the mods front:

Step 1: go online to look at sprint spoilers

Step 2: buys cup spoiler....

Step 3: now sitting and waiting for delivery!

Reactions: Benno

Earplugs for Eau Rouge then? :excited:

Update on the mods front:

Step 1: go online to look at sprint spoilers

Step 2: buys cup spoiler....

Step 3: now sitting and waiting for delivery!

That's commitment!! I've been flipping a coin between the two for MONTHS....where did you get the Cup spoiler from? :innocent:

Lol! Actually on track I like the full sound, it's part of the experience.

Oh I agree! Really interested to hear what the Cobra is like, my Scorpion system is a good 7-8dB louder than yours...I'm intrigued! Partly to do with running a sports cat I would imagine?

Thanks all!

Ultimately I want to do a meg conversion but we’ll wait until other bits have been done to tidy it up and get it looking how I want.

Spoiler was ordered via KTEC, would have gone via spray shack but I have a mate who can do the paint for me and didn’t see that spray shack would supply unpainted?