Lots of revs but no power !!

Hi,

So today I think my clutch has gone. I seem to have lots of revs but no power at all. Sometimes it will pick up power then drop again. It could also be the noise I have been hearing at 2-2.5 revs like a rattling noise. Does this sound like a clutch?

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like the clutch. If a clutch lets go it'll normally start to slip in the upper revs which gets noticable by raising revs and no gain in acceleration but it shouldn't make a rattling noise. You can check if the clutch is gone by attaching the parking brake, selecting the second gear and let off the clutch. If the engine stalls the clutch should be ok. If it's reving up it's gone. Of course the parking brake has to have a good grip and needs to be able to hold the car in place. Otherwise this test is useless.

That rattling noise around 2000-2500 rpm easily can be failing precat in manifold,my precat was falling apart and rattling noise was around 2100 rpm...as it time goes it will block your exhuast ... I had mine precat fore removed and decat pipe installed and remap it after.