Loss of power when engine is hot

that will be heat soak effecting air inlet temps & the knock on effect it will also run less timing advance too due engine heat
You always seem to have an answer so ill ask you: my car stutters when hot between 2k and 3k rpm. It also wont rev to redline sometimes. The exhaust will pop and itll feel like hitting redline. I have plugged in an obd reader, tried a new cam sensor all to no result. The car is stock. Ive cleaned my throttle body and vvt solenoid. I will try unplugging the vvt solenoid connecror and see if it is a vvt fault. If not, do you have any ideas? Also, belt not due a change until next year or 10k more miles.

You always seem to have an answer so ill ask you: my car stutters when hot between 2k and 3k rpm. It also wont rev to redline sometimes. The exhaust will pop and itll feel like hitting redline. I have plugged in an obd reader, tried a new cam sensor all to no result. The car is stock. Ive cleaned my throttle body and vvt solenoid. I will try unplugging the vvt solenoid connecror and see if it is a vvt fault. If not, do you have any ideas? Also, belt not due a change until next year or 10k more miles.
And as mentioned i also suffer the same problem discussed in this post. My fan will kick in a lot in traffic which it didnt before but the car wont overheat. The coolant and thermostat were also changed

are you using a quality fuel in the tank?

what are the plugs like - colour/condition?

Im totally lost for explanations now. And the car is no fun to drive this way.

same here!

thinking out laud so to speak would be thinking either first lambda - need this on diagnostics to see how its working or a total clutching at straws tdc sensor as when these go faulty there usually isnt a fault code

Reactions: Pav
same here!

thinking out laud so to speak would be thinking either first lambda - need this on diagnostics to see how its working or a total clutching at straws tdc sensor as when these go faulty there usually isnt a fault code
Thank you for your help ill let you know how it goes :smile: