Looking to buy a clio for track days

Hey, I have been a member here for a number of years but never owned a clio, as I think I considered buying one a long time ago so joined the forum and never did!

I'm looking to buy a clio for using on the odd track day only, as I'm told it's a good starter car for track days, does anyone know what model is best? I don't really fancy one of the newer Automatic gearbox ones.

Also I can't access the for sale section for some reason I just get;
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" when I try looking on cars for sale :smiley:

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Hey, I have been a member here for a number of years but never owned a clio, as I think I considered buying one a long time ago so joined the forum and never did!

I'm looking to buy a clio for using on the odd track day only, as I'm told it's a good starter car for track days, does anyone know what model is best? I don't really fancy one of the newer Automatic gearbox ones.

Also I can't access the for sale section for some reason I just get;
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" when I try looking on cars for sale :smiley:

To access the for sale section you have to be a paid member, its only £5 for the year and allows you access to the for sale thread along with plenty of other useful parts of this forum.

If you're not looking for one of the newer ones you have choice of the 197 or 200, there isn't actually much difference apart from the front end and diffuser on the 200 is slightly different.

Both can be had for a great price at the minute in my opinion, you get so much car for the money! But please do check the buyers guide which gives you plenty of information of what to look out for, things to check has been done when purchasing etc.
If you have any more questions there is a wealth of knowledge throughout this forum so please just ask.

Matt

hope you find one you like..a cup might be a better option but as with any other car,you could get a standard 197/200 and spend a few quid to get it where you want it..

Buy mine, track prepared. Build is on here "old gits LY - under conversion"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk