Long brake travel

After finally fitting my shocks his morning, took the car out to find my brake pedal travelling much further before engaging the brakes. The only reason I can think of is I had to take the brake line to my front calliper off as I hadn't taken it round the back of the strut when replacing. So I quickly unbolted it, fed it round the back and reattached. Presume I've probably gotten air in the line... could I just take it off again, get someone to press the pedal and hopefully push the bubble out? Or will I need to bleed to entire system? Or could it be something else entirely causing the long travel?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If you have taken a line off anywhere you need to bleed mate.. you answered your own question! Nice and easy to bleed tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foxspeed
If you have taken a line off anywhere you need to bleed mate.. you answered your own question! Nice and easy to bleed tho

Thanks mate... do you know if I can just bleed from that one line/caliper or could the air have gotten elsewhere?

Thanks mate... do you know if I can just bleed from that one line/caliper or could the air have gotten elsewhere?

If it hasn't drained it up to the abs unit should be fine mate. Just give it a bleed with a helping hand and see what happens I would. I've had a caliper apart and it's been fine just bleeding the one!

If it hasn't drained it up to the abs unit should be fine mate. Just give it a bleed with a helping hand and see what happens I would. I've had a caliper apart and it's been fine just bleeding the one!

Ok thanks for the advice