Locking wheel nuts

Both my front wheel locking bolts have seized up something chronic!

I can't for the life of me get them loose iv just snapped a key in my efforts to get them out, thankfully iv got another one.

Anyone know of any magic tips to get the f*#kers out

Have you soaked them overnight in oil / WD40 / releasing fluid or better still; Plus Gas to help lube them up and ease them out ?

Soaked them with WD for an hour after failing to free them but still no good, I'll give them another good soaking this evening and try again tomorrow hopefully that'll do it

Hadn't heard of plus gas, maybe I'll invest in a bottle for future use

Thanks for the reply

Soaked them with WD for an hour after failing to free them but still no good, I'll give them another good soaking this evening and try again tomorrow hopefully that'll do it

Hadn't heard of plus gas, maybe I'll invest in a bottle for future use

Thanks for the reply

Hi mate, I had real trouble getting my back to off earlier this year. If they are the genuine Renault locking wheel nuts, they have a collar on them. I went to wheel lock guy in Birmingham to get them off. I watched him do it. All you need is a impact driver with the adaptor to put your key in it. He said he has never not been able to get Renault locking nuts off. I even had the AA out and they couldn't do it with there removal tool. So just a impact driver needed (not an impact gun) . Hope you get them off. :smile:

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
Hi mate, I had real trouble getting my back to off earlier this year. If they are the genuine Renault locking wheel nuts, they have a collar on them. I went to wheel lock guy in Birmingham to get them off. I watched him do it. All you need is a impact driver with the adaptor to put your key in it. He said he has never not been able to get Renault locking nuts off. I even had the AA out and they couldn't do it with there removal tool. So just a impact driver needed (not an impact gun) . Hope you get them off. :smile:
Nice one mate
I'll see how I get on tomorrow

If you are really struggling I have seen a large ratchet strap used to hold the wrench in position, stopping the tool slipping out.