Liams Red 197 Track & Road (end of page 2 update)

spot on..gotta love these service updates..they deserve it...enjoy your track day and dont be shy to post a review in the dealership section..may be useful to someone who lives in that area..

I do hate this car sometimes.....

So if you haven't seen my other threads i broke down the other week.
Got the Steering not locked message. got towed home.

After some invest and a successful bump start we narrowed it down to starter motor.
This is my next job. I have looked at it and my god it looks a pain in the arse. Going to give it ago anyway.

While i have got the car in bits tho i am going to unblock and drain the scuttle holes. i have bought a cam sensor to replace too. (encase)
Then im going to change plugs and the panel filter while im at it.

I also have a good length of hose to use for cold air feed and hopefully some brake ducts too which im going to do my self.

I just hope changing the starter fixes the issue. I need to drive the car again asap haha

these things happen..i remember when i bought my,there were lots of diff rattles going on..it took me over a year to sort them out..
no mechanical issues though..touch wood..

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam Gunby
Tried to remove the strengthening bar from under the engine and sub frame last night :worried: didnt go according to plan.

Got two nuts off, then the other two didnt want to be removed. the whole bolt is turning and wouldn't budge.
Just to make sure 100% im getting another battery tonight to check its not just that. The voltage was good but im wondering if the ampage is not correct.

Little update,
So after i fucked about for over a week trying to figure out the issue with the 197, i gave it to my mates garage.
He looked at it and without doing anything just changed the fuse and relay for the starter motor. and guess what it started straight away.

I checked the fuses my self and couldn't find anything... so annoyed. but at least it didn't cost a fortune to fix.

Now all i need to do is clean it and check all my brakes, tyres, wheel nuts, n bits like that after the track day i did not so long back as when i drove it back from the garage it was making a funny noise when i let off the accelerator and it says check emissions on the dash so need to plug it in.

All fun and games with french cars isn't it. :chair:

Reactions: Beany
Little update,
So after i fucked about for over a week trying to figure out the issue with the 197, i gave it to my mates garage.
He looked at it and without doing anything just changed the fuse and relay for the starter motor. and guess what it started straight away.

I checked the fuses my self and couldn't find anything... so annoyed. but at least it didn't cost a fortune to fix.

Now all i need to do is clean it and check all my brakes, tyres, wheel nuts, n bits like that after the track day i did not so long back as when i drove it back from the garage it was making a funny noise when i let off the accelerator and it says check emissions on the dash so need to plug it in.

All fun and games with french cars isn't it. :chair:

Has it started to miss?

good news on the fuse and relay..sorry to hear about the knock though..sometimes this is never ending im afraid..

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marsch Gallery 2
Frenchy72 Non-Clio For Sale 2
peter Clio General Chat 12
M Interior and Audio 0
petercronin Spotted 0