Liams Red 197 Track & Road (end of page 2 update)

UPDATE!! !!!

So I have managed to do a bit of "styling" modifications, and fit the brake lines and new fluid :smile:
Painted badges and door bullets, Aswell as wing mirrors. The nostril grills I gave a coat of black gloss too Aswell as wrapped the number plate recess in vinyl.
Added 197.net stickers :wink:

I was very surprised that all nuts and attachments for the brake lines came loose without any dramas. So fitting the lines and bleeding was a peice of pi*s.

But as with everything you do one job on a French car and notice something else that needs doing.
The inner pads on the front, both sides are near enough on the plates...

So new pads going in on Friday....

q7tgYxg.jpg
TIoLhDF.jpg
2Cb2NT2.jpg
5Im2KQQ.jpg
mXAYocX.jpg
sFk4udE.jpg
e3Zvdkl.jpg
pTnXOij.jpg
AiZlmoj.jpg

So apart from pads, I should be set for the first track day in the beast in two weeks at Rockingham :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Looking good Liam. May well copy them bumper vent holes to aid trackday cooling:thumb:

Any spoiler going on soon??!!

Looking good Liam. May well copy them bumper vent holes to aid trackday cooling:thumb:

Any spoiler going on soon??!!

Yea going to raise the bonnet up at the rear too to get rid of unwanted hot air. Was thinking of running cooling pipes to inside wheel arch to also aid in front brake cooling.

Spoiler is on the Ebay watch list but not affordable atm haha :shuv:

Update!

So after previous talk of brakes, last weekend I got the car onto my mates ramp and changed the front pads.
Good job I did as the inner pads were wafer thin.
(excuse the poor images my camera is fecked )
SqztbIf.jpg
dkwV62E.jpg
SsRTYEn.jpg
Put some performance friction pads in that I had from a mate, Aswell as new pins :smile: bled the brakes up again incase we missed pockets of air before too.

All in all from this point I was ready for the first trackday in the 197!!

Update!!!!!!!

So I did my first track day in the 197 on Saturday just gone.
The only other trackday I did was in my 172, which was standard apart from stripping it out. This ended in me rolling it at Rockingham. See pics on previous page haha

So this track day was back at Rockingham too and I managed all day without incident !!
The 197 performed outstanding! !
The level of grip from the ad08's was awesome, grip you don't feel on the road .
Considering it only has lowering springs on it too throwing it into tight corners I was 100% confident that it was going to go where I pointed it!

The brakes were fantastic! Only had a tiny tiny bit of fade. But the braided lines , the typ200 fluid and performance friction pads worked wonders! I was out braking my mates who had full setups.

From the day I realised a few things tho that are on the list to buy now ready for the next day,
Them being uprated disks, an oil cooler (because it got very thin and tappity )
Poly bush the engine mounts because I could feel it moving when I let off the power.
Strut braces (unsure what's best tho upper or lower)
And need two new tyres :tearsofjoy:

I was seriously happy with the car the whole day and it held its own against alot more powerful cars! Got a good benchmark to work from now too!

Thanks for reading :smile: now some pics!

lrGMQtY.jpg
sekgM6k.jpg
Ztggg19.jpg
Q3MfpBN.jpg
goPs2SI.jpg
qzVgb6N.jpg
1V3EWnX.jpg
TOnebxW.jpg

good write up..im sure you will get round doing all your future plans soon..the ad08's are awesome,even in the wet as you had a chance to find out :jimmy:

nice pics...

Reactions: Liam Gunby
Would love to hear some feedback on the tarox brakes please.

And a price if you don’t mind sharing:grinning:

Would love to hear some feedback on the tarox brakes please.

And a price if you don’t mind sharing:grinning:

soon as i get them fitted pal i will write a review :smile:
and price is expensive.... but my mate who owns #trackaddict has a good thing going with tarox so i didnt pay much at all...... :track:

Glad to see another UR being looked after. Also glad to see more good reviews of the Performance Friction pads!!! Great value for money. Ahemmmmmm @Big Ben :drunk:

UPDATE !!!!

So my next track day is blyton Monday 4th June. Cannot wait tbh. As far as more modifications go to help on track, there hasn't really been any.
I have some more Ad08s to go on (when they arrive) and powerflex upper engine mount torque Bush to fit this weekend.
Oil will be getting changed too.

Done a few more styling modifications tho because I was board.
But the car has been to RENTUNE in Leicester for its cambelt, aux belt, waterpump, dephasor, and bits changed.
Top service by the guy who owns it! Would highly recommend them!!
Hopefully after this track day I can start looking into more handling parts.

O and before I forget, the tarox brakes are epic!! I had braided lines and typh200 fluid before but my God they work well. Will post a better review after the trackday but road use they are the best I have had on any car!

PCslAaZ.jpg
EXQfHdl.jpg
0Vs6BXC.jpg
iJDz4ng.jpg
24hVlip.jpg
Rds0fxy.jpg
XqqxGRy.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marsch Gallery 2
Frenchy72 Non-Clio For Sale 2