Leather or Recaro's

...I've ordered Leather in my 200 (which is very nice!), but now I'm having a crisis....it's not too late to go to Recaro's.....so what do you people think/prefer?

Leather! The standard seats are surprisingly well for holding
you in and with recaros you cant adjust the height (I think) also blind spot checking is hard with recaros :smile:

Recaros without a doubt. They are very comfortable and really supportive! You can really give the car some stick and not roll about in the seat which makes the car feel even tighter! Oh they can be adjusted for height but from what I have heard they dont go as low as the standard seats! Or if you are made of money do both... Lol

Recaros without a doubt. They are very comfortable and really supportive! You can really give the car some stick and not roll about in the seat which makes the car feel even tighter! Oh they can be adjusted for height but from what I have heard they dont go as low as the standard seats! Or if you are made of money do both... Lol

..tried the Recaro's and dropped the height as low as possible....felt a bit too high even then....unfortunately Leather Recoro's is not an option of Clio, but is on Meg....annoyingly.....so far the consensus is with the Leather!!

After sitting in both of them (had the standard seats for 40k Miles, test drove the recaro sporster cs and now ended up with recaro pole positions), I have to say the Recaros are just for looks. The standard seats are just as supportive. Hardly worth the money imho.
If you want to make a real difference in the seat support department you have to go for real bucket seats. But in most cases that just isn´t necessary.

All i will say is that I wouldn't buy or even look at a 197/200 without recaro's if I was buying another.

Im not saying the standard seats are poo btw :smile:

Last edited:
Place called rs fabrication will do your recaros and bck seats in leather quilted for about 1200 I think, a guy on here has had it done, looks awesome, standard seats for me though, also the recaros wear Down like a biatch, they will have bolster holes in by 15k miles, from what I've heard anyway

Recaros are for winners...... Leather is for old men (e.g. Michael Winner)

i would have to agree with the first part, and DISSAGREE with the second part, :biggrin: ( allthow i am getting old ), lolo

leather Recaro,s FTW,

CraigsClio099.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

I have to say when I was looking for my Clio I specified Recaro's, and I am glad I did. I love them.

Word of warning however; I find with the recaros being set so high and the steering wheel so low you tend to slide across the seat. Avoid this as the material starts to wear on the sides and can be pricey to have refitted :glare:

the leather is an accessory, if you order it when the car is ordered, then the dealer will fit it for you