LCD Display background illuminating!?

Hi All,

Have had my 197 Cup in i.d.glacier white for about 7 or 8 weeks now. What a fantastic car - bags of individual character & style and getting loads of looks too. Has only done 8k miles, however the lcd dashboard background has developed a fault.

Since a couple of weeks ago i noticed that as i drove the car the background to the lcd section in the centre of the main dash section lights up whereas it used to remain dark (almost black), with the numerals & letter being orange, which is what should happen. The same goes for the lcd section with shows the cd tracks / clock, but to a lesser extent. Not long after i had the car i had a 6-cd player/changer fitted under the passenger Recaro seat, and an interface fitted so that i didn't have to butcher the dashboard by fitting an after-market stereo head unit, but instead be able to retain use of the steering wheel controls, which is great (except i've sacrificed being able to listen to my mini-discs which i would've been able to do if i had the head unit fitted).

Am now afriad to go to Renault in case a) the say i've negated the warranty *by fitting this interface and 6-cd changer and / or b) they'll rip my lovely (almost new) car apart trying to fix the problem and possibly cause damage, however small & un-noticeable to them, in the process.

Any thoughts anyone? Should've added that for the first couple of weeks after i had the cd player / changer & interface fitted the lcd dash sections were fine, so i don't think its this (*and hope it isn't, obviously)

hey just wondering where bouts you got your wiring loom from 2 change the standard cd player and how much it was thanks

davie, moons of gloucester did it. forget how much it was precisely, as i had some rear speakers fitted as well, as the Cup version doesn't have any as standard. think it was about £150 altogether