laptop

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
got £300ish to spend on a laptop(not a tablet)

is this any good.?
Asus X54H-SO 180V 15.6inch
500GB
4GB
windows 7

£279.99
from www.play.com

Looks alright from the amazon reviews jase.

my only concern would be it may not be up for gaming to a high level.

Jase please don't buy that laptop.

if budget is an issue as in you want to spend as little as possible then please save for a couple of weeks more and get one one of the following.

THIS ONE
THIS ONE
THIS ONE

If you shop around you MAY find them a little cheaper.

budget is the big issue.
lisa is getting me 1 for my 40th in 3 weeks.
we are saving to go to florida so wasnt going to get much but she has just got a £250 bonus so was only wanting to put £50 towards it.

why do you say PLEASE DONT BUY that one.?
why are the others better.?

Its simply comes down to life span of the machine + various little things that make that little bit more worth it.

The laptop you have put is coming to the end of its life with old technology, see it as the clio campus over say the bogo mk3 clio.

They will both get you from a-b but with a new clio it will get you there using less petrol, speakers are better etc, etc

make sense.

wanting to spend around £300
can you recommend 1 in particular as they all look the same to me.

you can get a decent all rounder for your budget.

Thing is what do you use it for mainly - do you need a light weight one if you lug it arond lot/// are you mobile lots so need a good battery life/// do you use lots of graphics and processor hungry applications that means you need lots of Ram, decent graphics card and processsor/// do you store lots andd play media so would benefit from a large display and high capacity hard drive///do you use office, if so pick a laptop that does not just offer office trial as that is another £££ on top of your laptop cost.

You can spend money and time to get the best deal but will never find the perfect laptop.. its all down to what you need first.

quite sad I have 3 one for work - an asus prime with 18hrs battery for travelling and light weight and asus aspire for media/games.

one website that has decent deals - dont look at the refurb ones. they have box open/end of line/clearance which are new units and comes with usual warranties.

http://www.tier1online.com/

I've got a lovely 13" black MacBook for sale if you're interested? It's 3 years old, but mint condition. And I mean mint! Looking for between £250 and £300....

id be tempted by the mac book offer jase as these hold there money very well and are good bits of kit john whats the speck

It's running the latest mac os, v10.6.8 (it may need an update but I've just turned it on in my new house so it's not connected to the wifi)

1gb ram, which can easily be upgraded by removing the battery.
Intel core 2 duo processor 2.16ghz
320gb hard drive
DVD drive,
Bluetooth, wireless, 2 usbs
It's also got office as my girlfriend used it to write all her essays on for her degree.

Still got the original box, it's got a new power lead, a new battery and a hard case that it's been in since day one!

One very careful lady owner!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340434483.894524.jpg

Don't want a MacBook thanks. I've got one and they are pants for what I use them for.
I've got a G4 MacBook if you want to buy it.

Back on topic... :wink:

All I will really be using it for is...
In the house(not traveling)
Internet(running this site and eBay kind of stuff)
Not lots of storage as all music and photos will stay on my pc.
Word and publisher.
Only game ever to be played might be Minecraft(by my son)

Jase if it were me buying one of those 3 it would be the bottom one from laptops direct. They are in Huddersfield if you wanted to go look and have a play.

The one you originally showed is fine but I think the extra is worth it. It's only when you spend much more do you get perfect spec laptops. As its been pointed out its always a trade off, battery life, performance, weight, ect ect

One thing I will say is do not pay for office, I can get you 2010 version for free.

Also any new laptop new you buy is eligible to a windows 8 upgrade for around £15 when it's released.