Laguna silverstones

hi all. I've just purchased some Laguna silverstones as sole track alloys. I have a few questions....

They are 7j would these fit my 197?

What tyre size can / should I use? I wanted just the 215 or 225 but I doubt 225 will fit now will they?

As I say it's solely for track work so safety is paramount.

Thanks Elliott.

hi Elliott,

i have laguna silverstones as track wheels..they are 7J and i run 225 advan ad08's on..fit fine and my car is lowered and there's no rubbing or any other issues..
all i had to get was some 5mm spacers for the front as the wheels wouldnt clear my calipers..

hi Elliott,

i have laguna silverstones as track wheels..they are 7J and i run 225 advan ad08's on..fit fine and my car is lowered and there's no rubbing or any other issues..
all i had to get was some 5mm spacers for the front as the wheels wouldnt clear my calipers..

Thanks mate. Well I'll have to get some spacers too then won't I haha. That's perfect tho. Thanks for a speedy reply.

How do you find the AD08's as that's what I'll be going for too.

Thanks mate. Well I'll have to get some spacers too then won't I haha. That's perfect tho. Thanks for a speedy reply.

How do you find the AD08's as that's what I'll be going for too.
brill tyre...all I can say..

Hi Elliot. Same as Pav I have 225 wide

I didn't need spacers though. Don't get any rubbing.

Tyres are excellent.

IMG_0912.JPG

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi Elliot. Same as Pav I have 225 wide

I didn't need spacers though. Don't get any rubbing.

Tyres are excellent.

View attachment 20249

'Odd' in itself isnt it. That a wheel that looks the same: seemingly had different offsets.

Goes hand in hand with the some coming drilled for 12mm and some needing 14mm (Straight Clio fitment) bolts perhaps ?

Whats the benefit of going for these over standard 197 cup alloys? I get the offset is better (et50 vs et68 for cups) Do they weigh a little less than cups?

Whats the benefit of going for these over standard 197 cup alloys? I get the offset is better (et50 vs et68 for cups) Do they weigh a little less than cups?

They are heavier. Cup wheels are quite expensive, and quite hard to find for sale.
Laguna wheels can be had for around £100, they then have a smaller offset (so no need for spacers), then you can also run 225/45/17 tyres, where there is more options / cheaper than 215/45/17 (in most cases).

There is pros and cons, I am still tempted by a set, but then my car is going to stay standard suspension and geometry wise, so I will probably stay with standard wheels also.

Reactions: sevenfourate
When i changed mine over i could feel a noticeable weight difference with the std wheels
whether this is down to the bigger tyres on the silverstones
if i get time tomorrow i will weigh both on the bathroom scales

Reactions: suj and Big Ben
Thanks Suj, from what I have read they are about half a KG heavier than standard 197/200 alloys. Ideally I am looking for some weight saving and better offset so I think I am limited to Cups or some after market wheels like Ultraleggera's.

Reactions: suj
Thanks Suj, from what I have read they are about half a KG heavier than standard 197/200 alloys. Ideally I am looking for some weight saving and better offset so I think I am limited to Cups or some after market wheels like Ultraleggera's.

No problem mate, yeah if you want lighter then the 200 wheels are the lightest I read (but not the strongest).

Oz Ultra's will be the lightest, strongest and best width and offset (without spacers), but then they are the most expensive.

I know it will be rotational mass and unsprung mass saved, but VFM the Laguna wheels are great and easily available if worst case you damaged one, it's all down to budget, use etc, if you can make the man maths work, get a set of Ultra and you'll be laughing as they're a good looking wheel :smile:

No problem mate, yeah if you want lighter then the 200 wheels are the lightest I read (but not the strongest).

Oz Ultra's will be the lightest, strongest and best width and offset (without spacers), but then they are the most expensive.

I know it will be rotational mass and unsprung mass saved, but VFM the Laguna wheels are great and easily available if worst case you damaged one, it's all down to budget, use etc, if you can make the man maths work, get a set of Ultra and you'll be laughing as they're a good looking wheel :smile:

I have read conflicting information, either that the 200 alloys are the same weight as the 197 alloys or they are lighter. Id like to find out for sure though. If thats the case and they are lighter thats a good way to go.