L.e.d plate lights?

Is it in most peoples opinion easier to leave the reg plate bulb housing in the bumper and just release the clear plastic cover, obv making sure my lights are off and I keep the screwdriver away from the connectors .my concern is if I take the whole housing out by prising it then I might snap something. Is the housing fixed into the bumper with any clips ?
Thanks again

Cheers LF, mission accomplished. Sorted the interiors too, reg bulbs easy as you said with a bit of patience. Looks much better, now want to put my last 2 as the side lights .but got a feeling they arnt gonna be as straight forward. Will search on here but any tips welcome

Cheers LF, mission accomplished. Sorted the interiors too, reg bulbs easy as you said with a bit of patience. Looks much better, now want to put my last 2 as the side lights .but got a feeling they arnt gonna be as straight forward. Will search on here but any tips welcome

You're welcome, glad you got them sorted. There's a guide on here somewhere on how to change all the headlight bulbs on a 197. It's fiddly but not too hard. Be prepared to sacrifice some skin though!

Easy job to do following the very helpful guide - did all my front lights in less than an hour.

Just one thing to note on the main H7 bulbs - the spring clips all release towards you and left.

Now to the rear indicators - take it the whole lamps gotta come out....

Easy job to do following the very helpful guide - did all my front lights in less than an hour.

Just one thing to note on the main H7 bulbs - the spring clips all release towards you and left.

Now to the rear indicators - take it the whole lamps gotta come out....
Yeah you have to take the whole light out. There's about 3 screws I think. Then there are a few clips on the actual back of the light cluster.