KTR Induction Hose Kit - Any good!?

Hello All,

It might be a bit late to ask, but does the KTR Induction Hose Kit make any difference in performance, sound or responsiveness of your driving? If so please advice...

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2804&appid=3

I have already ordered the hoses assuming it would make some difference at some point, considering the fact that in Dubai the temperature reach upto 45 Degree C. So i was under the assumption, they would prove to be better than black (i bought the blue one), and the silicon material would work well instead of the stock ones...

How hard are they to fit them? Did you guys DIY or took your ride to a garage?

If you have pictures, it will be MUCH appreciated...thanks guys!

I don't have the ktec variant but the original ones we had for sale on here some time ago.

They fit very well except for the manifold one, which I couldn't get to secure over my throttle body so couldn't use it.

It allows you to disconnect the acoustic box from the inlet system, however whether this makes any difference is questionable.

Personally I noticed no performance or sound differences.

not heard any one on here say they get any perfomance gains with induction kits

I would agree as i only tried replacing the hose between the air filter box to the air intake manifold on the engine. There wasn't a noticeable difference.

But one thing i DID realize is that the temperature of the hose, after a good sprint to work, was much lower than the stock black rubber one; which i dont know if any one in colder places in Europe may have much of a concern with. Must say, you guys are lucky that way. European cars dont do too well due to the heat out here in Dubai.

wish we could have a bit of your heat mate:lol:

you REALLY don't want to wish for that! lol! :thumbup1:

living here you will miss out on fair cold weather, where you can drive your rides without worrying about radiator blowing or coolant levels running low...heat is a major killer of engines...its like smoking to lungs!

I wonder how much performance your missing out on with the extra temperatures in the air...

You should dyno it lol.

Last year the misses dyno'd the 182 on a 28c day and recorded 170bhp. Last month she dyno'd the same setup on the same dyno but it was 12c. It recorded 178bhp!

LOL! Good point...if i dyno it after a year im sure it wont be any more than 180!

Damn ben, 28c is sweet weather out here in DXB.

Was in Germany last month, froze my nuts out on an 8-10c day, inspite of having a warn suit on!!!

You lucky b*st*rds!!! :smiley:

i got the ktec silicon hoses, i found i had to do some cutting here and there to fit, ie cut notches out the hoses, and i think i made one shorter for a better fit.