KTEC-RenFlash Help

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the forums and i do not really post much, however i do come on here quite a bit for your knowledge and expertise. I now need that very help and expertise.

I have recently purchased a KTEC RenFlash ECU re-mapping tool and no matter what i try i can not get it work at all, it keeps coming up with the error "Unable to detect USB drive" or something along those lines. I have installed the software on the PC but this error occurs right at the beginning. I hope someone can help or has had this problem before to guide me through it as i would like to have it sorted for the weekend as I'm going on a trip.

Phone K-Tec? Surely they would be best placed to help - that's assuming you bought it from them?

Hi. Thanks for the replies and sorry for not getting back to you both. Yeah it was a driver issue, the laptop I was using isn't the best and kept crashing, meaning what I did before the crash didn't save. But it's all fixed now cheers for the help guys! :smile:

Hi. Thanks for the replies and sorry for not getting back to you both. Yeah it was a driver issue, the laptop I was using isn't the best and kept crashing, meaning what I did before the crash didn't save. But it's all fixed now cheers for the help guys! :smile:
how have you found the maps its loaded with what mods have you got and how much did it cost thanks

I've only got 3 mods but they've all transformed the car (For the better that is). I've got a KTEC air induction kit, which sounds incredible when you floor it at low revs in a high gear. A KTEC exhaust, which gives it a nice burble and a subtle little pop when changing gear. And lastly this map, which has only added around 10bhp, but it just seems more drivable so it was worth it. I think it cost £340 or £360 for the map, I can't remember exactly, it wasn't cheap but I always said I'd get these three upgrades and it was the final piece :smile:

It's classed as a custom remap as they've taken into account the new exhaust and air induction kit, so with those modifications I think 10bhp is doable. I'm tempted to pop it on to a rolling road and see what the output is to be honest. What would you say is about right for a custom remap? :smile:

It's classed as a custom remap as they've taken into account the new exhaust and air induction kit, so with those modifications I think 10bhp is doable. I'm tempted to pop it on to a rolling road and see what the output is to be honest. What would you say is about right for a custom remap? :smile:

What did their rolling road say when they re-mapped it?

I've tempted to get a ktec renflash but just not sure if its worth the cash
Personally I'd say if you've got KTEC modifications, then i think they'll be able to do the best job with the remap and mods. It is costly but you can take it off for what ever reason when you want as many times as you what. Which could come in handy when selling the car.

I've only got 3 mods but they've all transformed the car (For the better that is). I've got a KTEC air induction kit, which sounds incredible when you floor it at low revs in a high gear. A KTEC exhaust, which gives it a nice burble and a subtle little pop when changing gear. And lastly this map, which has only added around 10bhp, but it just seems more drivable so it was worth it. I think it cost £340 or £360 for the map, I can't remember exactly, it wasn't cheap but I always said I'd get these three upgrades and it was the final piece :smile:

10bhp, not likely, sounds like sales spiel to me.

For £360 , you would have been better off getting a off the shelf RSTuner generic map (dont confuse with RS tuning) - for any others viewing this, see here

RSTuner
https://www.fastchip.nl/shop/clio/clio-3-products/rstuner-kit-detail

Generic map
https://www.fastchip.nl/shop/engine-calibration/renault-calibration/clio-3/xrxx_197-200_stg1-detail

248 EUROs (plus any P&P)

No idea if they are any good, obviously not as good as a custom map setup on a rolling road, but the 1*2 boys rate them.