Kodi installation advice needed - any gurus??

Discussion in 'Latest Technology' started by Jimmy, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Car:
    R27 #243
    I got one of the Android boxes for Xmas that came fully loaded with everything already on - kodi program, plus all the add-ons, inc Exodus etc.

I bought my Dad the exact same box for his Birthday, however this one comes with nothing on - no Kodi, therefore no add-ons (I presume this is because of the recent lawsuits against sellers of these fully loaded devices). I've done some research online, but can't seem to find a definitive (helpful) guide as to how to get the add-ons installed. I've put Kodi 17 on and have attempted to install Exodus through the repository method (fusion.tvaddons.ag), but all I get is 'cannot connect to repository'.

So, does anyone have any advice or links as to how to get everything put on??

Thanks in advance.

DonaldS likes this.

2. Roshi69

Roshi69

Car:
    GW Clio 200 RS
    Make sure you type the resource in EXACTLY as follows -
    http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/

If anything missing it won't work (also don't put www. In if you were)

In kodi settings go to adding and make sure unknown sources is turned on

Jimmy likes this.
  3. Daverb

Daverb

Car:
    Clio 197
    Search on YouTube and copy what they do

Jimmy likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Car:
    LY 200t
    I have one which has pulse build - ares wizard if that's any use.

It all bloody confuses me though, I want to update to the new Kodi but it won't let me for some reason :worried:

Jimmy likes this.
  5. Glenn_Adam_Doble

Glenn_Adam_Doble Winner - POTM May 2018, June 2018 Platinum Member

Car:
    RS 200 Raider #3/50
    i use the paradox build, farrr superior than anything else available for them, download one thing and everything is there, we don't even watch normal TV anymore, as you can stream live TV straight through Paradox, use it every single night, just keep it updated and you never have a problem

have a read of the link below its a install guide and
    it has a hell of a lot of add ons built in so you don't need to install separate stuff for different things I.E. Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Live Sport ect, its a one stop shop
    http://www.paradoxinfo.co.uk/paradox-on-kodi-17/

Jimmy likes this.
  6. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Car:
    R27 #243
    Excellent, thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate that. I used a YouTube video for the repository method, however looking at Roshi's reply, it seems the dude missed out the / in the URL...

I'll also have a look into the paradox build and the ares ones. Thanks again, great help.

7. wattson

wattson Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 200 Cup FF
    For movies and series, Exodus is all you need. Simple, one source for all.
    Installation seems a little confusing at first but is alright once you do it a couple of times.
    Here's a guide: https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

Alongside Exodus I use iplayer and youtube add-ons, which I think came with Superepo repository.
    Here's an installation guide for that: https://kodiforu.com/install-superrepo-kodi-addon/

If you're after a 'whole package' which would allow you to use multiple add-ons for movies and series and would also provide many sources for live TV channels as well, get the Paradox build. I'm running Kodi on all my 3 computers and installed Paradox on one of them lately. I find it a little over-done, too many sources, a little confusing at times with small issues like some add-ons failing to update etc... However, having access to multiple add-ons is somewhat useful at times when Exodus (rarely) fails to find the stream source, or if the source it's found is low quality. Also I've recently read that the developer will no longer support / continue Exodus due to copyright issues meaning it'll soon be in decline unless someone else takes it over so having the Paradox built might work out more useful / reliable over time.

Here's the Paradox installation guide: https://www.atherstech.com/2016/02/22/install-paradox-220216/

One final tip: Make sure the 'skin' your system has is the same as the default view used in these install guides (Confluence), otherwise it gets a little confusing to follow. This can be changed in system >> settings >> skins >> confluence.

Jimmy likes this.
  8. DonaldS

DonaldS

Car:
    Toyota Corolla Grande 2016
    Make sure that you are downloading from an active repo. Right now from where you can get Exodus Kodi active and working like a charm is either Kdil, or XVBMC. Here is you can easily learn how you can download, install and fix your Exodus Kodi.
    https://www.kodiaddonz.com/how-to-install-exodus-kodi/

Jimmy likes this.
  9. bedoef

bedoef Paid Member

Car:
    2012 Clio RS 200
    I have been trying to find an active repository on Exodus for a while, thanks for the tips guys!

10. Juk3sy

Juk3sy Paid Member

Car:
    Megane 275 Trophy
    Exodus is dead, you want to be using Covenant now.

11. johnsmandela

johnsmandela

Car:
    Maruthi
    The complete guide to install Exodus on Kodi krypton 17.6 and later.
    I fond some critical errors during the installation process of Exodus. Here I am not mention any issues. The new version Kodi krypton 17.6 ii easy to install on any device with a couple of clicks only.
    Exodus Kodi Addon – Free Download & install on Krypton 17.6