kinect

Anyone got one yet? I picked mine up this afternoon, and I have to say Im impressed!

Warning though...you need a fair bit of space in front of the tv to play it! (more than ps3 move!)

I'm definitely more in the ps3 camp, but I have to admit currently I'm more impressed with kinect than move! My lad absolutely loves kinect sports and is currently ruining my Sunday lie-in by banging round the lounge kicking virtual footballs! :worried:

I picked one up the other day, mainly for the mrs, and have to say that in terms of technology generally it's very, very impressive. Picked up a few games for it too so far and have been very impressed despite my feeling before release that it would be a bit of a gimmick, Dance Central in particular is quite impressive when you see it going.

It'll certainly be very interesting to see what comes out for it, but as for everything, it's only as good as the software which comes down the line...

Sadly it made me realise that I'm really now quite unfit!

Have it, even went to game at midnight to collect my pre order copy on release. Loving it so far. It's great. Got Kinect sports and dance central. Looking forward to star wars, let's hope they make it as good as the tech demo at E3.

I had a go round a mate's house on Saturday and was very impressed. Before that I wasn't convinced by it, all the Wii style childish games and that, but it's just so much fun. I didn't notice any issues with lag or lack of accuracy, but most of the games are so frantic you don't really notice if it's matching your movements exactly or not. It's certainly hard work though, I was sore on Sunday!

Ok cool, it's gonna be massive. I mean they've basically jumped onto the success of the Wii, done something much better technically and released it at Xmas!

I can see the missus wanting this for Xmas!! :smile:

I got one when it came out and have to say really enjoying it.. Used to have the Wii and i can deffo say its 100% better. Less chance of me wipping out the TV now :smiley:

It doesn't do motion capture so much, but it does record video highlights and pictures which can be viewed and uploaded afterwards. Very embarrassing!
The more space you've got the better too, we were crammed against the back wall of the lounge and it kept popping up a warning if you got too close.