keycard batterys

has anyone ever had the 'low battery' indicator message come up on the screen yet, car is about 14 months old and in the last 2 weeks i have had to change both of them,

no message saying they are flat etc, and both batts just completly stopped working over night!! on different days..

aparantley it comes up change crad battery when it starts to go flat, but never seen it and had a flat battery in card tonight.

do you put your card in the slot to start the engine or not?

card slot supposely charges a second battery mate, you can use in the slot and in your pocket, most people on here have started there car with it in there pocket all the time and have experienced problems. me however mostly use the slot, never had a problem.

If i remember correctly when i removed my center console the card slot is just a slot to hold your key nothing more, no charging etc etc

If i remember correctly when i removed my center console the card slot is just a slot to hold your key nothing more, no charging etc etc

The card slot recharges your key card battery. I've tested that - I couldn't get in my car, pulled out the key in the key card to open the doors, put the card in the slot and drove all day with the card in the slot, and now I have no more problems with the battery.

different views on the slot then, there must be something in it as i tested it, i put the card in the slot and it did nothing on starting etc but when you come to turn off and get out it tells you to remove it on the display,
so it does to do something sometimes!!...

The slot does not charge the battery. End of. :smile:

So how do you explain the fact that I couldn't enter my Clio? After I've put my card in it I hadn't have the problem since?

I could notice that the card isn't working properly - like it was on low batt, but now I don't have that problem anymore.

The slot does not charge the battery. End of. :smile:

a renault techician told a fellow clio 192 member, most people that have used the slot since problems now work ok. it doesnt jus hold the key, the car senses the card in the slot and locks the steering when removed. ive had no problems with starting the car as i mostly use the slot, most people that dont use it have had problems starting the car. a friend also had problems with her scenic, bad connection on inside the card, a technician opened the card up and there it was a second battery.

Unless the battery within the keycard is rechargeable and somehow they have managed to fit a charger within the key slot (Very Unlikely) then the slot does not charge the battery.

If the battery is not rechargeable i dont think Renault can even put a charger within the slot area because it causes a fire risk (Very very very small risk)

One possible answer is that the card's frequency drifts ever so slightly and when inserted into the slot it re-programmes it?

A couple of weeks back I had trouble with the car not sensing the card when I came to start it which I can only think was due to low signal which I guess was low battery. Message flashed to insert the key into the slot and I drove for 30mins, since then Iv not had a problem with getting it started!

With regards to the charger in the dash it is easy to create a magnetic field which will charge the battery without connections - but whether that is going to be found on a French hatchback I dont know lol!

Lol at the fire risk, Im always more worried about the 55 litres of petrol in the boot going up than the radio! :smile:

The card doesn´t work very well for example, if I put it in the same pocket as my mobile (Nokia 6500 classic). Battery of the card was low after 2 and a half years.

However, those batteries are not rechargeable. Technically not possible.

Unless the battery within the keycard is rechargeable and somehow they have managed to fit a charger within the key slot (Very Unlikely) then the slot does not charge the battery.

If the battery is not rechargeable i dont think Renault can even put a charger within the slot area because it causes a fire risk (Very very very small risk)

One possible answer is that the card's frequency drifts ever so slightly and when inserted into the slot it re-programmes it?

I can buy that. :biggrin:

i might take mine apart and have a look see where the other battery is...

if you have to put it in the slot every now and then why donbt it bloody say in the manual,

just bought a new 2025 battery so will see if it works when i get home.

but if there is one 2025 for buttons and rechargeable one for keyless entry then i must of had two flat batts because i could not use either to get in, so i swapped a batt around with the spare card and i could get in using keyless.
but the keyless should still not work if the rechargeable one is flat and should have used the buttons and put card in slot to start.

wierd.....

someone ring france and say oi sort out our keycard probs.......lol

my key card battery has a life span of 4wks, using ever ready energise batterys, does anyone have this problem

my key card battery has a life span of 4wks, using ever ready energise batterys, does anyone have this problem

I haven't changed mine since I got the car and i've had it for over 2 and a half years, really strange if the battery is only lasting 4 weeks. Maybe try a different brand of battery ?

Similar Thread Suggestions