Kangarooing

Just wanted to put this out there, and see how many of you have issues with your cars 'kangarooing' madly when they are cold?

Mine really hacks me off sometimes, the worst is when I'm pulling onto a dual carriageway from a give way slip road after being at my girlfriends, it's caught me out a few times now.

I had it checked out while it was in for some warranty work and they told me there is nothing wrong with the car or ECU software etc.

Is it just another one of the 197's 'loveable' characteristics that you have to live with, or is there a way to cure it?

hey i had this problem since i got the car in jan, i took it in for a service and mentioned that it was a serious problem and that i knew it could be fixed as there was a thread on the old forum. the dealer said that as long as it fell within a certain manufacture date it could be sorted. i got the car back last week and i wouldn't say that the car is perfect from cold, but is a real big improvement in first gear and not noticable in second upwards

Yea I tried that too, I heard there was a fix (Actis Solution IIRC) but my car is an 08 plate and apparently already has the update on it.

Fitting an ITG filter did improve it a lot though, its better than it used to be, but still annoying!

ah right i dint realise, thats a shame! does anyone know what actually causes it? ecu fault, knocking etc... i cant see it bein a big problem if they can sort t over night with no new parts, just an update. think a filter might be a way forward for me then

just let her warm up for couple of mins.mine used to be bad but for some reason it seams to have stopped doing it.dont no if the itg will do anything,didnt do anything for mine.milage might be though.seemed to get better at about 8-10k.

I think some of it 'may' be in the sensitive throttle, does anyone else have issues with it? especially on hill starts/reversing.

Fitted a Sprint Booster and seemed to smooth out the throttle alot.

I have the problem too but i let my car warm up a little bit and if i am pulling away cold i just give it a few extra rev's. That cures the problem!

Would my car fall under the date if im a '57' plate?

i almost forgot about this "characteristic" of the car mine hasnt done it in along time ! does this mean my car is broken ?lol

mines an 08 and it has done it a few times when pulling off when cold, the misses pi$$es herself laughing when it happens, lol

kangaroo ftw, lol

especially on hill starts/reversing

Mine is terrible first thing in the morning when I reverse out of the carpark. Have to give it plenty of revs or it is close to stalling. That is going to please the neighbours when I get my Ktec exhaust fitted :smile:

Same here Adrian, when mines cold its so easy to stall. Has embarrassed me a few times to say the least.